• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 95xt. Hyd. Press. Test an adjustments?

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Recently purchased my bobcat an noticed low hyd. Power with my lift an bucket circuts an my auxialary too run my mower. Read my service manual an it says to test hyd. Functions that you need to use a special flow meter that has press. Gauges that are tied into the meter to read press. Now ya know there should be other ways to trouble shoot my issues with out the high dollar tools. I'm thinking that I may need to adjust my pump pressure up since all functions are slow an weak dealing with my attachment hyd pump. Any ideas anyone, I'm sure if o call my local dealer they,ll tell me to bring it in since you have to have the dealor tooling for testing an adjusting.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Install a gauge on the aux coupler, and engage the aux. Should read 2950-3050psi.

A pressure reading will not tell you the whole story though. Since you do not have a flow meter, you need to measure cycle times.
Specs are as follows.
Loader Raising Time 4.1 seconds
Loader Lowering Time 3.5 seconds
Bucket Dump Time 2.3 seconds
Bucket Rollback Time 1.7 seconds

Check these while not moving. Then also check while traveling. ( I suggest to put the machine up on blocks ) Your traveling cycle times should only be about 10-15% slower than specs above.

If all of your cycle times are slow, chances are you will need a new gear pump.

About how many hours on your machine? Any travel issues?

Last edited:

lantraxco

If it's slow you need a flow meter, if it's just weak all you really need is a pressure gauge. If you can't get the pressure up by adjusting the main relief in the control valve then you may need a flow meter to accurately assess the gear pump. If your machine has one of the high flow options that should be a completely separate system.

All you see with a pressure gauge is deadhead pressure, if the pump is supposed to make 2900 psi and 15 gallons per minute at 2,000 rpm, you might get the pressure but if the pump is leaking internally only half the flow or even less... and the flow you're not getting because it's leaking back by the gears gets turned into heat.

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Hey friend thx for it reply. My loader drives fine just weak hyd. Functions dealing with loader. An my 2 speed works fine to when button is mashed.

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Guess I'll try an get a gauge an plug it into my quick disconnect an see what my psi reads.

GaryHoff

Occupation
charge pressure travel pump.jpg

The valve on the side of you pump is the priority valve for the travel pumps. Adjusting that in increases the flow to your travel circuit, and allows less to your loader circuit. (number 1 on the picture) You need 350psi of charge pressure.

Last edited:

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Wow, don't need to go screwing with that valve then, my machine drives great,plus when I hit the high range button for my two speed that baby will fly. Guess I need to figure out were to read my charge pressan get it back close, then look into finding another hyd pump an hop my hyd issues go away

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
95xt hyd issues?

Hey again Mr Gary, my machine is only showing around 1850hrs, an my cycle times are nearly double the time that you recommended.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Those are book specs for cycle times, high cycle times indicates low flow to those circuits. Seems like low hours for a gear pump to have worn out, but not impossible.

Does your machine have self leveling, or bi directional self leveling? Did you get the cycle times while traveling? Were you able to check your charge pressure? Does the loader or bucket chatter when raising or lowering?

There have been issues with the self leveling valves.

At that low of hours, it would be unlikely to have a worn out gear pump, but not impossible. You may need to get it flow tested to be %100 sure.
You could also disassemble the gear pump, carefully, and inspect for any scoring or pressure plate damage. Some of the xt machines had air ingress problems that caused early gear pump failures.

Last edited:

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Yes my loader does have a self leveling valve an does work when lifting arms up in the air, an when booming down it don't tilt back over either. an no my machine don't have any of the chattering noises either.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
what is the air ingress problem have a 90xt since new never heard of that but the boom has always jumped a little on raising

GaryHoff

Occupation
Chris Allen. Since you have self leveling valve, that can cause issues as well, creating restriction, and flow loss. My best judgment still says that its your gear pump, at fault, but there is no definite answer without a flow meter test. If you had a auger, or some other attachment, that you knew what the speed was suppose to be; you could test that way. A slow attachment would lean towards weak gear pump, attachment going full speed would lean towards self leveling valve issue. Auger would work best, as you could T the gauge in, and monitor the speed/pressure relation.

Sorry I can't produce a %100 definite answer.

Clintm. The air ingress issue was noted on the xt series machines, and could be cause from multiple issues. Loose suction hose fittings, faulty hydraulic tank cap, faulty gear pump priority spool or failed charge accumulator. Any leaks noted in the bellhousing, would indicate the shaft seal is leaking, and can also let in air there too. Same goes for the servo controls. Since you said its only on boom up, I would suggest its probably the priority spool or the accumulator. Boom up takes the most flow, which can make the priority spool chatter, especially if the accumulator has lost its charge.

Last edited:

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Well Mr Gary, I went an bit the bullet an ordered a new hyd pump. Hopefully maybe this cures my issues, I have a bush hog that I use around the farm, I use to have a bobcat 763 witch is just a 42 hp loader, it handled my mower great an ran the mower pretty good, so I figured that if I hooked my mower to my case it would really jack up the rpm s an cut like crazy. But nope. I have a sick case here. So maybe the pump is the cure. Would take it to a dealor but there like 2 to 3 hrs from here.

GaryHoff

Occupation
K. Since your aux is slow too, that should eliminate the self leveling valve. New pump should fix you up. Just make sure to check your charge pressure after you install it. Also prime the pump up good (fill with oil and turn it by hand a few times before you install. Its hard to prime it while on the machine)

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
I'm glade you think this is gonna cure my issues, how an were do I check my charge psi. Thanks Mr Gary.

GaryHoff

Occupation
See first picture, should be a orb plug at number 2. Some units had a test fitting on the pumps. You could also T into the line coming off of the charge filter, or take out the charge pressure sender (should be in item 11) and put a gauge in there. If the gear pump is new from case, it shouldn't need adjustment, I always just check to make sure.

95xt pumps.jpg

Last edited:

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Thanks Mr Gary, my new pump got sent out to me today, I'll check my press. When I install new pump. Thanks for ur time an advise.

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Hello again Mr Gary. I spoke with ya Bout my 95xt few yrs ago. Shortly after we spoke I replaced the hyd pump. It got my fictions back up a going
Better. But when I use my bush hog An mow with it it want tilt the mower up An down. It goes extreamly slow An have to keep waiting on it to tilt. It booms
Up An down fine. An I
Aware of the mower funtion sharing the same oil as the lift An tilt functions. But why does it affect
Just the tilt only. It's been that way since pump replaced I've just learned to deal with it. The machine is a low flow an yes it is equipped with a self leveling while lifting bucket. Any ideas Mr Gary