• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 90xt problem

jeeper350

I have a case 90xt that died... it was at a large angle (fell in a trench i was digging) and while i was trying to pull it out with my truck and using its bucket to pull on the strap it began to bog and then died. I thought it was the oil switch due to the angle, but ive jacked it up and its pretty level now, and wont start. Looked at the light closer (it has a light on right above the light that shows your seated... (2nd up far right) and its a oil drop with a gear around the drop and two arrows on left and right sides of gear pointing at it. (i dont have a manual for this machine so dont know what it means) thank u.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
When you say it wont start, does it crank & not fire? or does it not even turn over?
The light you are describing, sounds like an oil pressure - but they should be on if the engine is not running....
I'm pretty sure the 90XT has no safety devices that shut the engine off automatically, such as low oil or coolant level/temp.

jeeper350

When you say it wont start, does it crank & not fire? or does it not even turn over?
The light you are describing, sounds like an oil pressure - but they should be on if the engine is not running....
I'm pretty sure the 90XT has no safety devices that shut the engine off automatically, such as low oil or coolant level/temp.

It cranks just doesn't fire up...no smoke or nothing. Thinking maybe it starved for fuel and got air in system? So gonna bleed the fuel system at the injectors.

jeeper350

Got it started filled gas tank all the way and had to get a new battery and then cranked and purged air outa system by cracking the return lines at injectors... was using it and now the parking brake is locked.... what causes this?

LedgeEnd

Jeeper, Is there a sensor on the cab which activates the brake? If so, then maybe the cab is twisted from your earlier event.

Also, since I put diesel in the fuel tank I stopped calling it a gas tank so that my help would not associate gas with my 90xt, even if I associate gas with some of my help :D