• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 9040B cab

Razorsedge2003

I’ve got a very smashed cab on my 9040B. I’m looking for a replacement or a parts machine with a good cab. Do any other models like a 9010B or a 9060B have the same cab? I’ve been told Kobelco and Hitachi are basically the same machine from that time period. If that’s true I’d get one off one of those. Thanks 74D64EAC-3644-4B1B-A958-AD0908243F90.jpeg

Razorsedge2003

1: My Dad 2: clearing trees 3: My Dad
Lol he’s pretty hard on equipment normally but with his old age is getting careless. The other guy that was there is about 10 years younger and seemed a little concerned. He said my dad was totally unphased.

Welder Dave

I think it's time your dad retired from running equipment. With that much damage to the cab if a tree fell even 6" closer your dad could have been seriously injured or even killed. An excavator in tree's you can usually reach out to stay clear and push over suspect tree's. The helper was right to be concerned. My neighbor in his late 70's early 80's couldn't see very well and caused a bunch of damage to equipment and a trailer I let him use to haul bales. There's several thousand $$$$ damage to your excavator.

kenworth

Occupation
Jack of a Few Trades, Master of None
When I worked for Pape' Machinery in Kent WA we used a company out of Canada for replacement cabs for excavators. Sorry I don't remember their name. They would ship down a Rebuilt Cab and take the damaged one back if it could be repaired.

excavator

When I worked for Pape' Machinery in Kent WA we used a company out of Canada for replacement cabs for excavators. Sorry I don't remember their name. They would ship down a Rebuilt Cab and take the damaged one back if it could be repaired.
Brikers out of Maple Ridge B.C. This might be a bit old for them, they stick to pretty much newer stuff now.

Razorsedge2003

I think it's time your dad retired from running equipment. With that much damage to the cab if a tree fell even 6" closer your dad could have been seriously injured or even killed. An excavator in tree's you can usually reach out to stay clear and push over suspect tree's. The helper was right to be concerned. My neighbor in his late 70's early 80's couldn't see very well and caused a bunch of damage to equipment and a trailer I let him use to haul bales. There's several thousand $$$$ damage to your excavator.
Haha ya probably should but never will. He should be dead anyway, survived three heart attacks and really bad squamous cell cancer that was close to the brain stem. I guess he figured it’s time when it’s time.

Welder Dave

Haha ya probably should but never will. He should be dead anyway, survived three heart attacks and really bad squamous cell cancer that was close to the brain stem. I guess he figured it’s time when it’s time.
He may not be so lucky next time. It would really suck to find him crushed in your excavator. That's not light damage to the cab