• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 855D years and engines

chevy43

Did Case 855D's come with the case engine in the early models? What years were they made and what year was the first Cummins 5.9? Were they all turbo?
How hard is it to fix that hydraulic brake system. I've been avoiding case because I need brakes in steep conditions. I know lots of people operate without brakes but I need them!
Thanks,
T.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Cummins did not acquire Case engine line until roughly 1988/89, any engines prior to that were labeled CASE, after that were Cummins. I have not been in the brakes on one of these EVER, by the parts and access layout I may never.

chevy43

Looks like maybe the 850c came with the case Case 336BD 4 cylinder and the D model with the 5.9 6. Now I need to try and figure out what year the 855D came out...

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
The brake hydraulics are not too difficult to repair.
There is two master cylinders & 2 x simple slave cylinders located on the brake housings.
There is also a brake neutralizer valve for each side located on the front of the transmission control valve. The seals in these can sometimes leak fluid internally into the transmission.

What exactly is your problem?
Is the oil remaining in the master cylinders?
Oil OK in the master cyls & you have no pedal? Maybe the brakes simply need adjusting?