• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 590 ST

d4c24a

I know sideshift machines are not that common in the states , but wondered if anyone has come across this , less than 2 years old with 1500 hrs on it :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_20160205_154800.jpg
    IMG_20160205_154800.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 228

El Hombre

I think I might see what's wrong; is it the crack in the casting just behind the one shot lube hose? Or whatever that metal tube actually does. My neighbor has/had a side shift. Only one I've seen.

lantraxco

That pressure line extends a spring retract piston under the two bolt cap to lock the sideshift in place, there's a twin to it on the other side. Yeah, not sure what caused that, but what a huge expensive repair job that will be....

El Hombre

I still think a one shot lube is a better idea....Bports have had that for decades. Just stick the grease gun on the master *** and it greases the whole hoe. All 200+ fittings!

So I guessed wright?

sheepfoot

I would contact the service rep for case, they may do a adjustment. I think that machine has four locks also on the slide, could be the top piston is stuck and allowing all the pressure on that lower clamping piston. Possible flexing from the top piston maybe not supporting the stress load or issue with the slide retaining hardware.

d4c24a

Apparently it is a well know fault with remedial action put in place at the point of manufacture in the middle of 2014 , this is an early 2014 machine , so i would hope they would at least supply parts FOC or more , all 4 are in full working order too

Yassen-TE

Occupation
Musician;backhoe operator
Unfortunately,it is "normal" for the ST models! Maybe because of poor materials,made on Italy... A few mounts ago CASE made new frame with a little changed design in the hope to be strongest. Await to see...
Wellcome to the new technical world:(

Nick...

I had the second 590st in the uk and never had a problem,apart from modern fuel eating through the pipe from the tank to fuel cooler
Nick...

d4c24a

I had the second 590st in the uk and never had a problem,apart from modern fuel eating through the pipe from the tank to fuel cooler
Nick...

How many hours did you put on it Nick ? , machine is still down waiting for the part , with be the 6th week tomorrow , (monday) shocking backup

Nick...

Less than a thousand,after the cat432 **** up that i posted on ceforum id lost alot of work and never got it back so sold the case.stick to 360s now
Nick...