• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CASE 580K SN JJH... brake lines

CaseCI

Hi all,
trying to fix brakes...not much luck finding a substitute for D136431 hoses. Local hydraulic dealers do not work with those fittings.
Does somebody knows which fittings will fit? I guess is NPT 1/4" but not sure at all. Rule is in mm.
2012-10-05 14.05.33.jpgmale fitting.jpg

CMSMOKE

That would be an "inverted flare" fitting. I believe that it would be 1/4". Measure the outside diameter of the tube to be sure. 1/4"=6.35mm
It is not a national pipe thread (they have a tapered thread and is measured from the inside diameter of the pipe).

Deon

Thanks a lot,
i am dealing with welding solution. Some pretends charge it for about double of original part!!! :notworthy :notworthy

Welding old and new fittings together has worked for me several times before with hydraulics. Should work with brake lines to.
I would use steel or stainless steel instead of brass welding rods and an acetylene torch if possible. Mig welding also works but you may end up with a pin hole or two and need to add weld to the leaking spots. Clean and sand off all dirt before you start welding.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Deon