• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580 b ck

Slant61980

Having a little problem with hydraulics. Replace 2 lines on rear and added hyd oil and rear won't do anything. The out riggers will go up and down and the front is acting a little crazy. Need some help. First time owning a backhoe.

onemank6

Sounds like it still low on oil where are you adding the oil ???????? ....The hydraulic oil goes in the loader arm and there is a crossover tube that allows oil to get to the other side ......I believe on the b model the same side you enter the backhoe is the side where you fill it look on the top of the tank and you will see a plug with a vent cap remove that fill plug/vent then on the side of that arm you will see a pipe plug down from the top remove that plug and add oil until it runs out that side plug then it is full ............Let us know how it comes out for you

Slant61980

Sounds like it still low on oil where are you adding the oil ???????? ....The hydraulic oil goes in the loader arm and there is a crossover tube that allows oil to get to the other side ......I believe on the b model the same side you enter the backhoe is the side where you fill it look on the top of the tank and you will see a plug with a vent cap remove that fill plug/vent then on the side of that arm you will see a pipe plug down from the top remove that plug and add oil until it runs out that side plug then it is full ............Let us know how it comes out for you

Slant61980

Need more help now. What cause a knock all of a sudden. Running fine then all of a sudden it knocked when I gave it more fuel. I lost.

xgiovannix12

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck driver
very possible the machine is older and it can give you problem after problem. Hard to tell with out seeing it in person. it can be the motor knocking? the hydraulic pump? it can be anything.

Slant61980

What would you do if the motor is bad. Replace it. We just spent like 5000 on machine and another 2000 on parts like radiator and cyclinders. We're can you get a rebuilt
Engine from if
Needed

xgiovannix12

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck driver
if the motor is knocking im sure you can find a rebuild somewhere online or have someone locally rebuild yours

Bertrrr

Occupation
mechanic
Do you have Oil pressure ? if it started knocking while running , you may have run low on oil in which case a rod bearing may have spun. did it get hot ?

Slant61980

Thank you all. Come to find out it was knocking. I think it lost oil pressure. My next Question is what is the safe way of pulling the engine. I do all kinds of mechanic work. But I never done a backhoe. Please all the help would be appreciated.

Bertrrr

Occupation
mechanic
I don't think you need to pull the engine , I would think you could just drop the oil pan / pull the head if you need to overhaul it, you most likely spun a rod bearing , crankshaft should be ok though since it didn't seize up on you. , If you did in fact lose oil pressure you need to figure out why so oil pump may have gone out which is rare but I would start there.