• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 530 vs case 580 ck and 580 b

tresslers

I am trying to find out what is similar between a case 530 and a case 580b. I am looking at a potential parts machine that is a 530. I heard that the loader is the same. Is this correct? how about the brakes, the rears, etc? does anyone know what will interchange?
thanks
Dave

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
530 uses 32 loader frame
580ck uses 35 loader.
580B also uses 35 loader.

Can't say for a certainty - but a ck & B should be similar
Doubt that a 530 would do the other 2

Spend some time looking at Case CE parts listing & compare part numbers. loader frame #'s are same for ck & B.
Best way to see of course - is get the 2 models side by side - or at least a good set of pictures of both.

d2r

530 uses 32 loader frame
580ck uses 35 loader.
580B also uses 35 loader.

thx for this. i'll tell you, more specifically, what i'm getting at here.

my 73 580b is leaking hydraulic fluid through cracks in the loader frame. it appears that the frame itself has been welded up numerous times previously... and i've been wondering if i might find a replacement in a tractor boneyard somewhere.

alternatively... has anyone ever rerouted the lines to an external reservoir... for example, a set of tanks on either side of the machine ahead of the rear wheels, that could also do double duty as a step?

just spitballin', but it seems to be a possible solution to a common problem.

Duff

New to this here forum...
Wondering if anyone can help diagnose my 580B (1979 or so)? I was digging a stump out and holding a bit of pressure on the bucket curling, etc - which im pretty sure had the relief valve(s) "bypassing"...
Anyway, the next scoop I made "poof" no power to any of the arm functions, bucket, boom, etc...

I think I may have damaged a relief valve, or pump? Input would be greatly appreciated!

Deon

Do you just have no power or absolutely no movement at all. Your connection between the crankshaft and the pump may have broke.

packratc

Think my '67 580CK has a model 33 loader and hoe. Have recently bought four loader cylinders off a junked 580B. They all measured the same as the CK. I also bought the B's ROP. I will have to weld the four triangular mounts onto my CK loader frame. I measured what I could about the entire 580B loader and priceded it as I'm sure it was a bolt-on to the CK. He had priced it to someone else and that person bought it, so I didn't get a chance at it. It had a rough bucket but was all there, one small crack and no welded on patches of half-inch steel. He said it brought $1500. Hope this is helpful on deciding what will fit which. I think Alrman is right on the money. God Luck! Packratc

Duff

Do you just have no power or absolutely no movement at all. Your connection between the crankshaft and the pump may have broke.

Deon, thanks for your reply!
I went and started them machine yesterday (i had shut it down immediatly after noticing lack of power 2 days ago). Here are my observations.
- I picked front of machine off ground with front bucket (no problem).
- I heard some "whooshing" noise that was not familure to me (from under the backhoe controls area - but noise went away).
- Worked the backhoe, bucket, boom (major, and minor). Seemed to work fine.
- I brought the boom up and latched it (no problem).
- I put the throttle in idle and brought an outrigger up and stalled the motor (it shut off).
- I did not actually try to dig yet (I wanted to get more advice b4 getting 2 stupid). lol
Now I'm really wondering what's going on - all seems well??? Except for the initial noise I heard...

Duff

Deon,
Also, upon the initial problem on set. I never lost total power, the back hoe was just operating very slow. I did not have any "ghost" movement from any other non-actuated levers on the backhoe control. Only a noticable loss of power.
Thanks again for your expertise!
Duff

Deon

I don't have the expertise to help you here. Sounds like something in your hydraulic system is leaking internally and causing the hydraulic oil to deadlock somewhere. You will need to wait for a pro to answer or visit a Case dealer or a tech that is retired from a Case dealer. I feel sorry for you.

d2r

duff... just a thought, but you may want to start a new thread for your particular issue. people won't know your problem is in here... this thread is about "case 530 vs case 580 ck and 580 b".

Duff

duff... just a thought, but you may want to start a new thread for your particular issue. people won't know your problem is in here... this thread is about "case 530 vs case 580 ck and 580 b".

ahhh... O.K., sorry about that - will do!