• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 530 CK

ghosttownguy

1965 Case 530 CK-Gasoline Engine

I bought a 1965 Case 530 backhoe with loader. I bought it without operating it! It appears that it has always been well lubed as all pins and swivels, etc are in good shape. Some of the cylinders need new seals. The hydraulics work well but the machine will hardly pull itself around. Increasing engine speed does not affect the speed at which it moves. What is wrong with my backhoe??!! It is full of hydraulic fluid. I have no idea what a 'shuttle valve' is or its purpose. When I had the heavy cast angle off the bottom of the bellhousing to replace the gasket, it appeared that it has a torque converter in it?? It also appears that the apparatus runs in a bath of hydraulic fluid. I have yet to acquire a manual for the machine. At this point I do not wish to sell or trade it. I am anxious to start using it to put in my water lines and septic system. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. In the Black Hills...Kenny khargens1024@msn.com