• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 450C Ser # GBE0001597 Track Adjuster Fit Up Issue

Metalman 55

On my Case 450C, a couple years back we put new seals in the track adjusters that came with this old machine that I purchased, but both the rod & the barrel was somewhat pitted & it was not holding adjustment as it should, so bought this aftermarket setup from HW Parts Store, but upon receiving the goods there is quite a difference in size! Based on the Ser # I wanted to check in to see if my machine is a Long Track (5 bottom rollers if that makes a difference), anyhow, look at the difference in height with the rod's fully retracted. I'm thinking we will just cut down the rod length, to make it fit? Anyone else run up against this inconsistency? OEM parts were out of this word, so we went with aftermarket. Hoping we can make it work ok!

Attachments

• 20230424_153903.jpg
    20230424_153903.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20230424_153907.jpg
    20230424_153907.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
That new adjuster is definitely for a long track.
It will work ok by cutting the piston shorter.
If you cut the piston a little longer than the original you will get a more adjustment on the track as it nears it's end of life parameters.
I wouldn't go much more than an inch or so.

Oh, goes without saying to extend that new piston all the way out when do the cut so the heat doesn't affect the wiper seal & nylon bushes. ;)

Metalman 55

How do we tell the difference between the regular & "long track" machines?

Is there more bottom rollers on the long track unit? As mentioned above, mine has 5 bottom rollers if that distinguishes between short & long?