• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 450 3056051

mcprp

And the hose that goes to the gauge is just below the highest point that the piston can reach so when the piston is pushed down far enough the gauge can be read . I’m just guessing at this because to be honest , I don’t have a clue . I wish someone could explain how the two valves work because it would make it easier to understand the system .
Does anyone know how hard it is to put the plug back into the pressure regulator valve with the springs in ? I had to use a clamp . Tried with all my might by hand with no success .

mcprp

Does anyone know how hard it is to put the plug back into the pressure regulator valve with the springs in ? I had to use a clamp . Tried with all my might by hand with no success .
The relief valve is no problem with only one spring .

Tinkerer

The pistons have two different part numbers. I would not think they are interchangeable.
Somehow someone may have possibly replaced one of the pistons with the wrong one.
The pressure valve should not be that difficult to put back together.
Is the piston going all the way to the top of the bore without resistance ?
Look carefully in the bore for anything that shouldn't be there with the piston out. The bore be could be damaged.

mcprp

The pistons have two different part numbers. I would not think they are interchangeable.
Somehow someone may have possibly replaced one of the pistons with the wrong one.
The pressure valve should not be that difficult to put back together.
Is the piston going all the way to the top of the bore without resistance ?
Look carefully in the bore for anything that shouldn't be there with the piston out. The bore be could be damaged.
Well here’s the pistons . I had them in right but I may have had the springs mixed up . The inner spring I thought was the same spring as the relief valve spring . They sure look the same but when I swapped them I was able to put the plug on no problem like you said . I brought the pistons home to make sure I had them right so I haven’t had a chance to start it yet and find out if anything is different .

mcprp

Well here’s the pistons . I had them in right but I may have had the springs mixed up . The inner spring I thought was the same spring as the relief valve spring . They sure look the same but when I swapped them I was able to put the plug on no problem like you said . I brought the pistons home to make sure I had them right so I haven’t had a chance to start it yet and find out if anything is different .
Here’s the pistons 039C1395-84D5-420F-BE32-F1539307B57F.jpeg

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
I believe the piston on the right is the pressure relief piston and the other is the flow control piston.
And by the way when the pressure relief piston is in the housing with both springs it is very hard to move by hand.

mcprp

I believe the piston on the right is the pressure relief piston and the other is the flow control piston.
And by the way when the pressure relief piston is in the housing with both springs it is very hard to move by hand.
I believe your right . It’s funny though , when you read the service manual , at least the one I have , they they the opposite and then when you scroll down and look at the picture , what you said is true .

mcprp

Note closely what is written and then note closely the picture . You are right about the double springs being hard to move . That’s why I said how hard it is to catch the plug threads .

Attachments

• 1EFB99FA-D47C-4347-B1ED-C112A13F253D.jpeg
    1EFB99FA-D47C-4347-B1ED-C112A13F253D.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 06B167F8-8D0E-449C-9B28-C0ED4EBDA9F2.jpeg
    06B167F8-8D0E-449C-9B28-C0ED4EBDA9F2.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 15
  • C5CD700A-538F-458C-A345-4741C79743A7.jpeg
    C5CD700A-538F-458C-A345-4741C79743A7.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 44EB22BC-06CE-49F6-AE1F-783C1F2E2C50.jpeg
    44EB22BC-06CE-49F6-AE1F-783C1F2E2C50.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 15

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Note closely what is written and then note closely the picture . You are right about the double springs being hard to move . That’s why I said how hard it is to catch the plug threads .
Yeah you really gotta push the plug in to get the threads to start.

mcprp

Yeah you really gotta push the plug in to get the threads to start.
I couldn’t do it by hand .tried with all my might . I got new stuff ordered , new suction screen , new springs , couple o rings and another charge pump . Taking the dozer to case Friday for pressure test . Still can’t figure out why when I put the springs in the pressure regulator , it cuts off flow to the radiator

mcprp

I couldn’t do it by hand .tried with all my might . I got new stuff ordered , new suction screen , new springs , couple o rings and another charge pump . Taking the dozer to case Friday for pressure test . Still can’t figure out why when I put the springs in the pressure regulator , it cuts off flow to the radiator
After just looking at the transmission flow diagram I think it’s because of the weak charge pump that on there right now