• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 440 self leveling problems

Barrett hackbart

Hey all,

Just bought a new to me case 440. It’s in decent shape but noticed after messing around with it the first day that the bucket will self level as the loader arms go up but coming down the bucket tilts down way to fast and ends up digging the bucket edge in the ground if you don’t adjust the bucket when the loader arms come down.
Anyone else have this problem?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
There is nothing wrong with the machine. It will self level going up but it doesn't self level going down, you need to adjust the bucket on your own.

Barrett hackbart

There is nothing wrong with the machine. It will self level going up but it doesn't self level going down, you need to adjust the bucket on your own.
I get that but on the way down the skidsteer tilts the bucket more then it should even if I adjust it while the loader arms come down

bad Tom

KSSS is correct about the operation. I field installed the self leveling on my 420 and it didn't take much time to learn how to use it.

Barrett hackbart

KSSS is correct about the operation. I field installed the self leveling on my 420 and it didn't take much time to learn how to use it

I believe him, any idea what all these buttons do? Also have a button on other side of each control

Attachments

• 726DF817-DC19-4793-86F2-0C4F1C94E0B2.jpeg
    726DF817-DC19-4793-86F2-0C4F1C94E0B2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 79C16BBE-73DD-4FCE-864F-A4F4826BC1CD.jpeg
    79C16BBE-73DD-4FCE-864F-A4F4826BC1CD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

bad Tom

Left handle controls the hydraulic functions on the front of the boom. The right handle controls the functions of the front electric connecter.

bad Tom

The left switch is for turn signals if used, if the top switch has just 2 positions, then it is a on or off for constant flow with pressure from the male coupler. If the bottom switch has 3 positions, pushing on the left side will pressurize the female coupler and pushing to the right side will pressurize the male coupler and it will go back to the center for neutral.