• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1845c won't drive on right side

Brad1979

Hey guys thanks for any help in advance. I recently bought a 95 case 1845c with 2400 hours on it. Primarily to use in constructing our new house. However I have used it for about 16-20 hours with everything working great, using it for clearing brush and some gravel. Today I noticed the right side pulling slower then the left, so I stopped working it and took the chain covers off to inspect the left side looked great clean oil kinda of white looking but the right side looked like rusty water chains were still intact nothing looked out of place sprockets looked good. So what should my next move be thanks again.

stumpjumper83

Several things. The chain case seal need replaced, that should correct the water in the chain case oil if you have good wheel seals. You May want to think about putting new wheel bearing sets on the axles. Case offers the bearings and seals all together in a set pretty reasonable if I remember correctly. To correct the constant turning in a circle problem, inspect the linkages going from the control arms to the motors. If you have bad joints, or your linkages are out of adjustment, they will act like that. If you are getting equal and full travel, and still turning slower and with reduced power, then your looking at the expensive options, travel motor replacement is likely.

Only other thing on the machine that regularly gives any trouble is the fan belt / water pump tensioner pulley. Even then, that's not super common. Its just what I noticed selling parts for case.

kshansen

Several things. The chain case seal need replaced, that should correct the water in the chain case oil if you have good wheel seals. You May want to think about putting new wheel bearing sets on the axles. Case offers the bearings and seals all together in a set pretty reasonable if I remember correctly.

If it has the same bearing hubs as our 1989 the bearing kit would be P/N B93175

Brad1979

Hey guys thanks for any help in advance. I recently bought a 95 case 1845c with 2400 hours on it. Primarily to use in constructing our new house. However I have used it for about 16-20 hours with everything working great, using it for clearing brush and some gravel. Today I noticed the right side pulling slower then the left, so I stopped working it and took the chain covers off to inspect the left side looked great clean oil kinda of white looking but the right side looked like rusty water chains were still intact nothing looked out of place sprockets looked good. So what should my next move be thanks again.

Update I went back and ran it with the idle up and it will move good on flat ground but any incline or mud and not so much

Brad1979

Ok I bought a new drive motor for the right side. When both levers are pushed forward or pulled back for reverse it works fine but if I just push the right side forward it moves but very slow. Also when going straight forward I have to hold back the left side so what is going on now what should I look for now

Hardline

Did you find a problem with the right side drive motor that made you decide to replace it? Did you do any tests on the pump? I would not have installed a motor with out testing the pump. Sounds like possibly the pump was the original issue. There is another guy on here with a motor leaking. If you old motor is still good you might be able to sell it to him and recoups some of your money?

Brad1979

No I took the old drive motor to 2 hydraulic shops and both said the rotating group was wore out. I'm having one shop rebuild the old one so that I have a spare or whatever I want to do with it. But I have not done any test on the main pump, I don't know how and I probably don't have the proper equipment so I'll have to take it somewhere to. Have that done.

usag61

the problema is in the main pump it have tow levers to control the right and the left the lever have a bolt to control the apertur of the oil pasage you must seting bot levers equal to find the correct performance

clintm

the 1845C's have two plastic covers on each side on the top of the chain case they are normally cracked or broken from being over tighten and let water in I would always put a bead of RTV sealant around them and careful not to over tighten them. Take the plugs out of the bottom of the chain case and wash it out really good and fill it up with new oil if I remember correct it takes motor oil I think the fill line is right at the bottom to middle of the bottom chain. There is also grease fitting's on the axle shaft's (casting)behind the wheel's grease them real good they grease the wheel bearings if the wheels are not moving up and down they are probley ok.Also make sure the parking brake cables are in good shape and not loose if they slip out while in motion it will snap your chain because it's just a pin that slides in a hole on one of the sprockets

Bulldog777

Yes, also check your wheel bearings as previously mentioned, just jack it up and look for movement.

Check your chain adjustments - they should be the same both sides - about an inch deflection.

Then check all your mechanical rose joints (and lubricate)

Then adjust the mechanical stops for the leavers

If you still have trouble you can do stall testing on the HST pump.

You will rarely get it running perfectly, especially with a few hours on it.

Let us know if you need any more info.

Thanks

Bulldog