• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 1845c vin number ID

sims

The P.I.N. search page is no longer present on the Coleman site and I did not save the chart. Maybe someone has it on their computer. Sorry.

SimS

waynesweb

trying to figure out the year of this machine, any help?

thanks

vin # JAF0101608

sorry im new and ive been trying to get on here for a week it is so hard to get this answer but you guys are throwing the answers out like candy trying to learn the year of my 1845c JAF018068. I dont know how to ask a question without interfering here sorry

waynesweb

sorry im new and ive been trying to get on here for a week it is so hard to get this answer but you guys are throwing the answers out like candy trying to learn the year of my 1845c JAF018068. I dont know how to ask a question without interfering here sorry ah ha i think this is where i should ask??

sims

JAF018068 ?? I think you are missing/forgot a digit. But it looks like it might be here:
Year 1996
Starting serial number JAF0179685
Ending serial number JAF0220286

waynesweb

Thank you Sims you're right I left off A0I did that where do you find this list I would love to know that and Tinker thank you for The welcome let me know I was in the right place

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I finally got around to making a JPG file of the 1845C serial numbers. Everybody enjoy!!
SimS
View attachment 222750

Well just for fun I ran the number off the one we had at the quarry since new, just sold at auction this summer. It is JAF0039895.

That agrees with the model year we had on it. Anyone here from, I believe some place in or near, Texas buy a used 1845C this summer?

waynesweb

I just received my filter package for my 1845c and i received the cd manual from eBay for my vehicle and things just dont match up any knowledge on this would be awesome. I only have one fuel filter on my vehicle. and I received two one has a water release on the bottom, the screw hole is bigger than the one in the regular fuel filter. so cant use the water separator, now here is the question there might be an adapter to connect the water separator filter instead of the regular fuel filter ( they both look like oil filters) is that the solution. the manual only shows one filter for fuel and it has the water separator in it. the manual also shows a primer bulb but mine does not have one.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I just received my filter package for my 1845c and i received the cd manual from eBay for my vehicle and things just dont match up any knowledge on this would be awesome. I only have one fuel filter on my vehicle. and I received two one has a water release on the bottom, the screw hole is bigger than the one in the regular fuel filter. so cant use the water separator, now here is the question there might be an adapter to connect the water separator filter instead of the regular fuel filter ( they both look like oil filters) is that the solution. the manual only shows one filter for fuel and it has the water separator in it. the manual also shows a primer bulb but mine does not have one.
Don't know what to tell you I figured a quick look at the Case Online Parts would say what filters fit your machine well what a piece of you know what from the rear end of a male bovine that site has become!

I know they screwed up what until a few months back was an excellent source of information for the old IH/Farmall Tractors by removing part numbers and descriptions of all non-current parts. So you go to look up something and only part numbers there are for stuff like lock washers and cotter pins. Now the same idiots appear to have decided to "improve" the construction market parts information!

Rant over for now!

And yes I did send a reply to Case and it was long enough I had to delete the last comment to have room to post my email address!

Last edited:

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
vin number should be JAF followed by 7 digits.
You got 8, double check your vin again.