• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1845 Uniloader neutral problem

Hey everyone,

I have a Case 1845 Uniloader with the g159 gas engine. My neighbor and I got the engine running, but we can’t get the machine into neutral and when we start the engine it’s grinding like crazy. One of the levers is very slow to return to neutral and has a lot of slop in it. Any help on how to fix would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. It is moving and grinding like crazy when it’s started and it kills the engine. I have a couple videos but I can’t figure out how to post them.

Arny L

post videos to u tube then supply a link. I would block machine up off the ground, then check each wheel for binding, noise, etc.,

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
post videos to u tube then supply a link. I would block machine up off the ground, then check each wheel for binding, noise, etc.,
Also note that there are pins that come out from the inside of frame and lock in holes in the center gear to act as a parking brake. If the linkage/cables that work those pins are out of adjustment you can cause major damage to the machine.

Also any slop in the linkage to the drive pumps from the had levers can make finding "neutral" hard or impossible. This is also vary dangerous. If the locking pins are not working correctly do not get out of the machine while it is running or you could get run over!