• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 125b, I am looking for information

knightgang

I am looking at a Case 125b located in KY. I know that it will need a swing motor and gear, not sure if it will need a new turntable gear or not. It seems that the swing motor gear has taken the majority of the wear.

I have a couple of questions about a 125B.
Does this machine have manual or electronic throttle?
I have heard that the 6 Cyl Duetz Eng is an air cooled engine, can someone confirm if this is true or false?
Other than an old machine, is there anything specific to watch out or on these machines, or reasons to stay away from them completely?
Generally, about how much would a turntable gear replacement repair cost on a machine like this?

Seems like I had two more questions, and for the like of me I can't think of them right now. I will update this when I remember the questions...
Thnaks

Shimmy1

Parts are going to be tough, Case is terrible at supporting machines after they are replaced. Not sure about a 125B, but I know the ring gear is part of the rotec bearing on a 1080B. Big job to change, the bearing alone is over $10,000.