• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1150m

Magard

I am seriously considering buying one of these. Looking for reasons not too. I am a fire dozer contractor in California. I have a cat d6d right now. Hydrostatic drive is awesome in this line of work. The case dealer really wants to sell me a tractor to be in this segment of work. I’m thinking I can buy a new case for same money as a beat. Cat or a half wore out Deere. These tractors don’t get a lot of hours but they need to be reliable when they are working.

Timberking

Occupation
Logger-- Owner/Operator
I love Case and won't buy or own anything but Case.... as a matter of fact I have owned 6 Case dozers not counting the Case 1150E dozer, Case w-14 loader & Case 580K hoe i currently own now...

Case has proved what it needed too as far as I am concerned...

With that said, all my machines have been older non computer controlled equipment ( 96' & older )...but that's also becouse this is what I preffer do to thier reliability and ease of repair...

I can't speak for the 1150M's longigevity & reliability, but I have ran one and they are one sweet, comfortable & powerhouse of a machine.. I loved it... Perfect size if you ask me...

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
One thing to remember though is the 1150 is more like the D5 so keep that in mind as far as hp and torque. But I don't think you will be disappointed with the Case they are good reliable machines.

Magard

I am looking for d5, John Deere 700 size machine. 700 John Deere is a popular machine in this line of work.