• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

can't find doors

skidrowe

I have a 1996 cat 426B backhoe ,the window frames that fit in the doors are so rusty that the windows are going to break if I don't do something very soon. I contacted every equip. salvage yard listed and no luck, tried Ebay for the last 6 months and came up with nothing. 1992-1996 cat backhoes 416-446 doors should fit , anybody have any info ? Thanks:confused:

equippartsdir

skidrowe,
PM or email the the Caterpillar Part Numbers for the items you are seeking and we'll research the availability of these items.

Matt99

I have a 1993 426b s/n begins with 5yj and I need radiator it seems it’s split where the metal meets plastic in the crimp , there isn’t any repairing that is there

Nige

I have a 1993 426b s/n begins with 5yj and I need radiator it seems it’s split where the metal meets plastic in the crimp , there isn’t any repairing that is there
The Part Number of the radiator for a 5YJ machine is 4P-3379. You may be able to find a used one in working condition, or an aftermarket replacement, by searching for that number. A quick look online seems to show plenty of options.

That Part Number of radiator is used on 416B/426B/428B/436B/438B machines.

edgephoto

My 426 had rusty doors too. I could not find used ones and I did find one NOS one somewhere but the person wanted like $1500 for it and I could not bring myself to pay that. I ended up repairing them.

Here are some pictures of the process.

IMG_0373.jpegIMG_0374.jpegIMG_0411.jpeg