• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Canadian Oil Sands

building27

Hey guys, just wanted to ask if anyone is working in the oil sands? I'm a mechanic and was wondering what I would have to do to work up there, I live in NJ in usa. Not ready to pack my bags just want to hear some working feedback. Thanks!

blitz138

Alco works up there. I believe that you have to have a visa work permit. Canada doesn't like Americans coming in and working, you basically need the company your going to work for sponsor you.

alco

Yep, I'm in the oilsands. If you're planning on coming to work from out of country, you will need to have a work permit. I have no idea what's involved in getting one, but there is a huge demand for mechanics, so it may not be too hard to get one.