• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Buying another truck. Need advice

GFMotorsports

Looking for a plow truck with central hydro. Found a 95 f800 with 80k on it with 5.9 cummins and 5+2 trans. Took for a drive and shifts beautiful compared to my old IH. However has a vibration at low rpm above idle but goes away quick. Can feel it in stick so thinking cracked flywheel maybe? Is this a good set up for pulling around 15k and mainly plowing and salting? Opinions on if 5.9 is enough engine, I love them and have a 3500 ram that runs like a top so I'm in favor. Everyone thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

GFMotorsports

I bought the truck and have come to realize the transmission is fairly new installed in 2004 and its a eaton fs5205b. Does anyone know if this trans can handle the usually 12v ISB upgrades? Also looking for a upgraded clutch but can't seem to find anything just searching with the trans number.

Dualie

same trans in my boom truck, Handles the 27,000Lb empty weight just fine. Clutch is constantly neededing adjustment, but i run mainly stop and go with a TON of hill starts and other bad news.