• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bought 1845C schematic from Case site, does not match mine, anyone have schematic?

pcweber

So I paid for the PDF version of the schematic for the 1845C from teh Cae parts site. All I can figure is it is for the newest version of 1845C as it has far more relays than mine does and most all wire colors are different. In any case, does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram and I am chasing an alternator no charge issue / no alternator light.

pcweber

sorry, typo in subject. it is an 1845C, not 1945...

Fixed the typo in the subject line. Hey, better late than never. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Do not discount the fact of the possibility that the alternator may be faulty.
Be sure that the smaller field / exciter wire has power while the ignition is on. If it has no power, check the wiring plug under the operators seat for corrosion at the pins. If that is OK, I recall a relay located behind the instrument cluster.
If the small wire at the alternator has power when ign is on, get the alternator looked at.

pcweber

I got it fixed. Bad wire in rear harness. Scematic I downloaded says the Alternartor Feild wire should be white. Mine is light green. Now the Alt light comes on and goes off when started. Still would love to have a correct schematic as the theromstart wires are cut and 3 wires are going no where from the engine compartment harness.

thehemikid

I don't have any Schematics,... but Fwiw,....I do have a Parts Catalog (Issued June 94) showing 2 different "Rear Harness & Battery" diagrams. One is Prior to P.I.N. JAF0040228,... & the other is JAF0040228 and after. Pic's get a little fuzzy if magnified. Would you be interested in seeing those?

pcweber

thanks, but unless they have a diagram with wire colors it wont really help for understanding what wires go where to reconnect the Thermostart, etc. My 1845C in a 1995 year of build. It has 1 relay total that I see in all the wiring. The scematic I downloaded has 3-4 so I assume if three is 2 wiring solutions my 1995 is of the earlier more simple version of wiring.

thehemikid

Yeh,...I understand the advantage of the colored wire schematic,...rough without it! Fwiw,...the catalog shows 2 "Instrument Harness and Cluster" harnesses. The one Prior to P.I.N. JAF0040228 shows no Relay. While the one with P.I.N. JAF0040228 and after, shows 1 relay.

Yeh, I know, still not much help...

I know its no help, but here's the "Rear Harness and Battery" for the JAF0040228 and after.Rear harness diagram JAF0040228 & after.jpg

pcweber

Yea, that is the harness to my machine. I will keep pressing on. Like I said I have my alternator working now, so it is a matter of wanting a diagram for future ref. mainly so I really dont have a pressing issue. Thanks for the huge effort and help!

thehemikid

Well, I stopped by my local Case IH Dealership today on the way home to get you (& me) a schematic, & I got one copied, 9 sections actually.

You could say I got the "Big Picture"! It took a little effort,...but we got it!

I'll get it cut & taped together to make some pic's for you. I'll try to get those tonight,... hopefully.

Some info for now,....its showing a Violet/white 20 gauge wire from the Instrument Cluster (connect) to the "Engine Coolant Temp Switch".

Last edited:

pcweber

WOW! Thanks a lot man. OK, no real rush. My Alt. is charging ok now. Just long term want to hook up the thermostart and also have peice of mind as to what those uppluged wires on the harness are. I will snap a pic tonight if I remeber and my neighbor dont get me side-tracked to drinking beer with him! Thanks again. This is the true power of the Internet!

thehemikid

4 right half.jpgHey, pcweber, I've put the copies together, & the thing is 22 & 1/2" x 14"! Nice to have in your hands to look at but hard to take pic's with an older cheap digital camera, but I did the best I could with it.

It took several pic's to get it all, an try to get it readable. I narrowed it down to about 8 pic's.

If you like I can send all 8 by your email in you profile, an if they're readable enough, then I would put some on here for others.

I'll try an attach one anyway in a minute.

Last edited:

pcweber

Yea, the one I downloaded was that same way. Not sure why they did it that way. I will be happy to share a copy with anyone needing of the PDF to "confirm" the one they have is correct too. I will email it to you also.

thehemikid

I didn't see any way to attach pic's using this forum to email you,... so I emailed you anyway so you'd get mine & we'd go from there.

When I first asked for a Schematic he printed out (from a PDF on line) a compressed Schematic of the 3-4 relay that needed a microscope to read.
He got the 1 relay Schematic from a Operators Manual (I think).

Some more interesting info fwiw,...I used the JAF0040228 & after with him & asked him if he had a way to verify the 1 relay Schematic with what yrs used & he went to a thick small blue book for that. He said the 1 relay Schematic (that I have now) is 1999 & back,....said that this Schematic can be used for 85-99,... that the 004 in the JAF # started in 1990. A little confusing but I think I see the overall.

pcweber

I just PMed you via the forum. I never did see an email from you and I had emaield you also via the forum.

thehemikid

I have been mowing & just got in & checked my mail & it was blank, then checked here & bingo.

Long story short,....Pic's sent.

Cajun1986

I know this is an old post but I am in need of this wiring schematic if it still available. Thanks in advance.

TardyMike

I am also in need of the wiring schematic to um, confirm and correct the wiring diagram I have. I'm trying to solve a semi-functioning inst. panel problem. Thanks, if you can help.

thehemikid