• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Boots

What brand do you wear?

• Wolverine

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Red Wings

Votes: 34 32.7%
  • CAT

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Rocky's

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Other(please list)

Votes: 47 45.2%

• Total voters

hvy 1ton

I have a pair of 2254's. First pair of wellingtons i've had since i was a kid. My first pair got lost in the mud too many times b/c they didn't fit well. I bought a another pair out of sheer laziness, no laces.
I still have 3511's for deep mud and snow. 400g thinsulate is a little much for summer time, but waterproof boots are nice. Plus i needed the shank for the few days over winter break i worked at the hamm dump with a track loader. It was cold enough i couldn't smell if wanted to.

hvy 1ton

I have a pair of 2254's. First pair of wellingtons i've had since i was a kid. My first pair got lost in the mud too many times b/c they didn't fit well. I bought a another pair out of sheer laziness, no laces.
I still have 3511's for deep mud and snow. 400g thinsulate is a little much for summer time, but waterproof boots are nice. Plus i needed the shank for the few days over winter break i worked at the hamm dump with a track loader. It was cold enough i couldn't smell if wanted to.

atgreene

Way way too much information there Pete.:eek::confused::spaz:eek2:throwup

Just didn't need to know that.

I switched to Redwings about 2 years ago from Labonville Logging boots. Found the Redwings to be comfy and have weared well. My logging Redwings are separating from the sole, looks like the glue is failing, so I need to get them back to them for repair.

Turbo21835

Way way too much information there Pete.:eek::confused::spaz:eek2:throwup

Just didn't need to know that.

I switched to Redwings about 2 years ago from Labonville Logging boots. Found the Redwings to be comfy and have weared well. My logging Redwings are separating from the sole, looks like the glue is failing, so I need to get them back to them for repair.

Save yourself the time and cash. Just go buy new ones. Seems that anytime the local redwings shop did any repairs to the sole of my boots, it would last maybe 2 months. This is part of the reason I stopped buying Wings. That combined with the dealer charging me for a repair that was supposed to be free. Then he got an attitude with me telling me that I would no longer receive and free services that redwings provides. This was after I showed him where he was in the wrong. Right down to the toe capping, new laces, and clean and condition of the boots. Never again will that store/company receive a dime of my hard earned money

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
I refuse to buy branded, C@t, Timberland, Redwings or any other similar I feel they are over priced. A standard steel toe lace up ankle boot less than £30 does me over 12 months. Used to wear rigger boots alot but they are generally banned on UK site now.

What you mean by rigger boots Rob? Rather what are rigger boots? I have 4 years on my latest pair of jungle boots and my jump boots are about 7 years old. I usually clean and shine them once a week. The stitching in newer boots is more often than not a synthetic fiber. Technically it is stronger than a natural fiber but doesn't have the abrasion resistance of the natural fibers (especially ones that are kept oiled). Oiling and/or polishing a pair of boots regularly lubricates and protects both kinds of fibers. I used to help out in the local cobblers shop/shoe store as a kid and do most of my own repairs. Usually go and buy my soles from there and do everything at home. I use a hand stitching awl to actually put soles on and use some long named natural/synthetic fiber mix lubricated through a mixture of mink oil and tallow. I usually heat the oils to liquid and place my thread in them to soak and absorb the oil. It's one of those hobbies that keeps me from going batty in the winter months.

Last edited:

Reuben

I wear rocky's in the winter and for the most part sandals in the summer...I like the open air lack of sweaty feet feel

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od

oisinirish

Been wearing red wings for years. I went to try on a new pair just this past winter and for some reason they didn't fit right. Same style, model and size...etc. Apparently they are now starting to make them in China instead of here and the arhc support is all screwy now. I tried pair after pair at the Red Wing Boot Store, trying to find a pair that was comfortable and had the features i need, until they actually asked me to leave. Saying " If you're not buying it's time for you to leave" So now I'm in search of a good replacement..

stripe

Occupation
truck driver road construction
Wolverines for me I have a pair that I have worn for 2 years. They barely show any wear. They also still have the orginal laces in them. Only pair that have never hurt my feet from day one.

same here:drinkup

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
redwings. only. all day. every day. i don't own any shoes save a pair of funeral shoes.

youngoperator

Occupation
chainsaw faller/ heavy equipment operator
i wear terras they are really comtforable from the start, ussallly last me 2 years