• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bond movie

d4c24a

this has been doing the rounds on a few forums
what are peoples thoughts here , special build or modified
decals are the right way , and fuel filler is correct for a land rover
skyfall.jpg

j.r.

Occupation
hoe operator
in the u.k. do you run equipment on the wrong side also?:D

Hendrik

My guess is that this is a machine other than a yellow puss but cat paid a few dollars to get their name in the movie.
Apparently it is supposed to be a 320D:beatsme

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Is it just me or is the cab on the wrong side?:beatsme

JDOFMEMI

Looking at it again, it looks like a 320D with a cab mounted on the wrong side. The cab looks wider, and wrong in other ways. I bet it is special made for the stunt they are doing. It would be some work, but not a huge problem to swap sides with the components, though I have to wonder why not just reverse the shot, and film it with the train going the other way, and the cab on the proper side.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
The cab looks wider, and wrong in other ways.

Jerry the cab is from the newer E model machines I believe. I am renting a 319DL (b*****d machine if you ask me and I wouldn't buy one but it digs a hole:rolleyes:) and it has a different cab than the other C's and D's I have owned/rented. It's a comfortable cab, seems a little bigger.

Not the best picture as I was taking a shot of the grid we were putting in but it shows the different cab.

319DL picture.jpg

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Jerry the cab is from the newer E model machines I believe.

Yeah, similar boxy shape, but compare the windows, or lack of them, in the movie pic.

Edited to add a screenshot from the movie trailer:

Attachments

• skyfall exc..jpg
    skyfall exc..jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 715
Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Yeah, similar boxy shape, but compare the windows, or lack of them, in the movie pic.

Yep on a second look it doesn't have the same glass and the door is different. Damn Hollywood!:D