• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bomag BMP851 Trench roller

Vetech63

S# 101 720 05 2293

Have a fault code coming up at engine start. The code is 5091, which according to my fault code list is a slope sensor issue. The problem is my book does not define the fault codes for the slope sensor, all it says is slope sensor. LOL Does anyone have definitions of for the fault codes 5090 and 5091? The 5091 code is preventing my engine from starting.

RICHARD.GILL1

S# 101 720 05 2293

Have a fault code coming up at engine start. The code is 5091, which according to my fault code list is a slope sensor issue. The problem is my book does not define the fault codes for the slope sensor, all it says is slope sensor. LOL Does anyone have definitions of for the fault codes 5090 and 5091? The 5091 code is preventing my engine from starting.

Alright buddy, it's in tip reset mode
Enter the codes. 5035
In that order to clear.
Hope this helps.

Vetech63

Thanks for replying Richard. I tried your advice this morning but the code is still popping up. The switch was replaced with a updated one from Bomag, and I can get the 5090 code to come up by tilting it over 45 degrees. I have checked the wiring for continuity from K11 to the new switch ( ignition ), checked the wiring at X3.23 to the switch, and the ground circuit. All checked ok. Still at a loss here. Any other advise? I am awaiting a call from Bomag Tech Service but that could be a day or 2.