• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat X-Change System Question????

WC46

I would like to switch my 331 over to the X-change system instead of the pin on buckets. I don't want to have to go out and buy all new buckets though. Does anyone know if bobcat sells a weld on x-change plate to match the x-change system?

itsgottobegreen

From what I have been told. The X-change system has a completely different set of buckets. So you have to buy a whole new set of buckets. A dumb move on bobcats part. Its upset a lot of people who wanted the X-change and found that part out.

xkvator

WC46 said:
I would like to switch my 331 over to the X-change system instead of the pin on buckets. I don't want to have to go out and buy all new buckets though. Does anyone know if bobcat sells a weld on x-change plate to match the x-change system?
yes...you can buy the weld on x-change plates from Bobcat. you have to burn off the pin lugs on the buckets first.

cat320

Charter Member
I think from bobcats point it was a smart move .we will have to buy there buckets or or the plates if you want there system makes them $$ every way. I don't know if any one really noticed but every one made there skid steer plats for the bucket like bobcat so there attachemnts will fit . bob cat leads the way but the other co's are no fools .lol

xkvator

cat320 said:
I don't know if any one really noticed but every one made there skid steer plats for the bucket like bobcat so there attachemnts will fit .
the x-change system is for the excavator buckets...and they have an updated version that uses a pin instead of the original spring latch. i have the original x-change with no problems and can change buckets in 30 seconds.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
I'm assuming non X-change buckets have the 2 pins. Why don't you just buy a Werk-Brau, CWS, or PSM grabber coupler? That would be the cheapest and I'm sure one of them would fit that pin setup.