• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T300 aux hydo constant flow lock

BV67

I have a t300 that will not lock aux hydo flow on. The flow direction switch works fine but the lock switch wont work. The 3 magnet coils all seem to work ok. I am thinking a stuck stem on one of them. I would like to know wich one is the lock on stem. The valve body makes a click noise when the switch is triggered and the atachment will slowly lower but will not work . Thanks

crewchief888

the RH trigger is what activates detented flow out of the bottom coupler.
the RH paddle switch changes direction momentarily
aux coils are located on the top of the control valve. the 3rd coil down on the side of the valve, between the tubelines, is the BICS coil that turns off hyd flow to the loader functions when the seat bar is up...

:eek:

BV67

Ok I need to explane more. I push button on dash,paddle will give me flow in both directions fine . When trigger is pulled attachment will settle down but no flow on lock, acts like pressure releif. Both top coils have magnetism with trigger pulled I think.What makes flow stay on.Is one coil supposed to be on and one off for flow lock on.Possible control issue? If bad stem I would think it would not work with paddle switch if only the 2 top coils control it.

crewchief888

both coils shouldnt be powered with the trigger pulled...
what attachment are you running? and does it operate correctly if the paddle switch is used?

:eek:

BV67

Ok solved the mystery! While driving the hour to the dealer to get other parts I decided that only one coil should have power at a time and the attachment worked with the paddle switch so that left the trigger switch. Replaced the whole right switch unit ($300+) and then I had flow but the wrong direction. The guy I bought the firewood processor from had it on a newer Bobcat I never thought about the hoses being wrong. Changed ends and now every thing works fine.I do think the trigger switch must have shorted out to both coil wires and was bypassing the flow in a circle. I do thank you for the help.