• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BobCat T190 travel problems- lockup

crewchief888

I talked him into pulling the speed sensor out of the motor. It had crud/ rust growing on the probe end. Cleaned it up and reinstalled this morning and he rad a couple hours since then.. Thanks Willie / crewchief ... I think we got this !

no problem, glad it worked out for you.

when a g series machine beeps at ya, it's telling you something is wrong, retrive the fault codes before turning the key off.

certainly helps with ANY diagnosis, wether you are asking a question here or contacting a dealer.

my first question to anyone is "what fault codes are active?"

:beatsme isnt the answer i'm looking for.

:drinkup

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
my first question to anyone is "what fault codes are active?"

:beatsme isnt the answer i'm looking for.

Ha, if someone told you the active codes and gave you precise information about what the machine is doing that would allow you to immediately diagnose a problem...you'd prolly pass out right then and there!. :D

Good to hear ya got it sorted out steve. :drinkup

frg

if the 06-13 appear, the engine speed sensor dosenot engine speed to computer. and computer lock the traction system with no engine rpm for safety reasons. change the engine rpm sensor and the machine will be ok. it is normal, when the machine became hot, the wire connected to RPM sensor lose connection.

Sean McKendry

I have a 2006 t190 that has the same problem the traction control light does not illuminate and I have replaced the RPM sensor.
can you advise what else might be causing this.

frg

I have a 2006 t190 that has the same problem the traction control light does not illuminate and I have replaced the RPM sensor.
can you advise what else might be causing this.

check the service code(error code) please. what about a lift and tilt function? maybe the RPM sensor dos not fit correctly. or if no service code available, (NONE appear in LCD) maybe the wire from sensor to controller is disconnected.

Sean McKendry

thank you frg,
I have changed the RPM sensor twice the service code still comes up as 06-13 and the lift and tilt function do not work as well.
I will tilt the cabin tomorrow and check the wiring harness.
but I am still stumped!!

frg

if 06-13 occur by opening the key( not starting the loader) the problem is engine oil pressure sensor not RPM sensor. but if the code appear by starting the engine, check the wire near the RPM connector, where the wire goes to the engine harness, normally it disconnected form there. it is tricky, wire cover seems good, but the wire is broken inside.

Sean McKendry

does your machine traction lock light flash on and off. if so check the RPM sensor and the wiring to this as mine had the same problem which turned out to be the blue wire that runs to the RPM sensor was broken.

Bob34

Alright guys, I'm new here, but have been stalking this forum off and on for info as I need it... Thanks for all the help.
My issue is I have a T-190 with exactly the same issues listed above. Starts and runs, then locks up during use. The fourth BICS Light goes off, three beeps, yellow triangle on the right control panel, and throw the 06-13 code. I have replaced the RPM sensor, and traced/ checked the blue wires for continuity. All is well there. Could you guys recommend what to check next? At this point I am stumped, and getting frustrated. Thanks for sharing all of your knowledge.
Bob

GHKJ

I have the same problem.
Ill be going along and wham it comes to a dead stop.( Light will go off for traction #4)
I cleaned off the sensor, ( because code 06-13 ) lots of crud, then reinstalled to exact same distance. ( painted threads and counted turns) on sensor. still have exact same problem.
when traction stops light goes out. if I jerk the arms back and forth , the light comes on and all is well.is there any kind of test for sensor.

crewchief888

the speed sensor will read AC voltage when the engine is running.
i cant ever remember seeing a spec for the voltage....

many times ive seen one or both of the terminal sockets spread open on sensors, causing an intermittent connection, or a change in voltage that the controller is reading. the controller knows what it's suppose to see, and if it's not within the "proper" range, things dont work.

for those of you messing around with the engine speed sensors, remove the sensor, clean and reinstall by hand until it contacts the flywheel, then back it off approx 1/4 turn and snug up the locknut.

:eek:

philb

Same problem here.replaced speed sensor.no good. Tracked wires. Can't find any damaged.might help if I new where th 3600 and 3610 wires lead to?Please help!

philb

Alright guys, I'm new here, but have been stalking this forum off and on for info as I need it... Thanks for all the help.
My issue is I have a T-190 with exactly the same issues listed above. Starts and runs, then locks up during use. The fourth BICS Light goes off, three beeps, yellow triangle on the right control panel, and throw the 06-13 code. I have replaced the RPM sensor, and traced/ checked the blue wires for continuity. All is well there. Could you guys recommend what to check next? At this point I am stumped, and getting frustrated. Thanks for sharing all of your knowledge.
Bob
Hey Bob did you ever figure out I have same problem?

crewchief888

Same problem here.replaced speed sensor.no good. Tracked wires. Can't find any damaged.might help if I new where th 3600 and 3610 wires lead to?Please help!

both those wires run in the mainframe harness from the sensor to the controller....

philb

both those wires run in the mainframe harness from the sensor to the controller....

Thanx so much! I finally found it.3600 wire was broke several times inside plastic casing.could not see by just looking at the wire. Was on the opposite end of engine harness were it plus into the main harness.had to replace about a foot of wire. Thanx eveyone

Dan Shaddick

Good, thanks. You do have a strange problem, and the very first thing we need to know is if the traction LED is lit or not when the machine locks down. :)
Hey willie, I am having a similar problem brake locks up and unlocks sparatically. BICS light on and off with brake. Can the brake be bypassed? Could it be the engine speed sensor? Thanks for any advice.