• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcat s300 ac blowing 33F but not getting cab very cold

rangerfreak

just got my s300 out of the shop and they fixed the ac it blows about 33 degrees which is pretty cold but when it was 80F the other day it was getting a little toasty,is it just me or is this normal and what will i do when it gets 100F+ here in texas. was also thinking about tinting the back window since this seems to be where all the heat comes though at. just wanted some thoughts on both topics.thanks

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
is it blowing full bore out the vents or less if its blowing less try changing the cab a/c filters if that doesn't work then you may need to wash the a/c evaporator out under the cab

rangerfreak

sounds great ill try that.i know that the cab is not air tight but the door does not completely seal could this be the problem as well since the ac might be pulling in too much hot outside air?

shane

Occupation
Independent Field Service
Did YOU measure 33 degrees or is that what the dealer told you? Did the dealer service it on a 60 degree day? If you're measuring 33 with OAT of 80 I'm scratching my head.

I've had problems with Dealer-serviced Bobcat A/C. Mostly, the customer just had it in and it's not working. Bad hose crimps, loose schraeder valves, etc, resulting in a lost coolant charge which is why most folks take it in to the dealer in the first place.

Anyway, like bobcatmechanic said, if you're still cold at the register, but the cab's getting hot, clogged cab filters, especially the outside one on the back of the cab(fresh air intake) could be the culprit. That should be checked as part of the service.

The air coming out of the register shoud be moderatley forceful, but hard to gauge unless you're used to what's normal.

The most I've ever got with temps on a Bobcat is 30 below OAT on a good, new system.

Texas being mostly humid and all, lift your cab and check the little rubber drain tubes on the bottom corners of your HVAV box. Sometimes they get clogged with dirt and can't drain condensation water, your evaporator will freeze up on the outside. This will also restrict airflow, but will also cause your compressor to cut in and out.

If you do a tint, don't go cheap if you want it to be cooler. Even if they don't bubble, cheap tints just look cool on budget cazoo cars, and don't block the rays that heat up the cab.

Iron Horse

I would also paint the top of the cab Gloss White to reflect heat from the Sun . And also check underfloor insulation or add Foil backed insulation to repell Radiant heat from the engine and hydraulics that will rise and transfer through the floor . The temp comming out of the vents would have been measured in a shed , out of the Sun so it will not blow as cold outside . Is the pump cycleing ? Can you hear/see the clutch cutting in and out ? Another thing that happens is the inline strainer in front of the TX valve blocks up , but it SHOULD have been checked when serviced , the dryer SHOULD also have been replaced at the same time .

Colorado Digger

we put that thin blue board insulation on the roof and rear window, not the safest but it works. out of all my bobcats when it is real hot it's the 435's air works the worst, the 300's and 250 the air makes you feel better but it's not icy cold. seeya

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Bring it up to Wisconsin right now, you should have NO trouble getting the cab to cool off, or anything else for that matter.

Trbo

firetrack

Bobcat A/C

I've had the same experience and have had two fixes. First is the inside filter behind the operators head. If this is blocked it will not cool correctly. Second is that the heating valve has got stuck. This is accessable on the outside pillar on the left side behind a plastic cap. Spray is with CRC or similar and hopefully it will free up and shut off the heating water. Ours works in the 100 +deg temp and if everything is clean has no trouble coping. Hopefully one of the above cheap fixes will solve your problem. Ours also is not the best sealing cab.
Regards
Firetrack

rangerfreak

thanks for the info i will check all of these.to answer some questions yes the dealer told me 33F and originally the ac was not working i took it in to the dealer and they said the condensor was caked with mud and that they cleaned it and also they replaced the compressor reciever valve lock and the loovers blower.also the vents in back blow alot harder than the vents in front.please not that when i bought it that there was no in cab filter at all until the dealer put one in. and yes i thank it was about 60F when it was serviced. thanks

Last edited:

therealjohnboy

The a/c in my T190 was great compared to an open cab but once it the temps got up 35C + then it was rubbish new filters / no filters made no difference it just couldnt cope My New Holland has great a/c 40C day and i have the heat cracked on cos its too cold and far better placement of the vents, the one down the back of the neck is the best