• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat CT230 Compact wont start

Richard O

I'm new to owning a compact tractor. While using it today I noticed the "low engine oil pressure light was on so I shut it off, added more oil. Now it won't start. Won't even turn over. Called my BC dealer but they're closed. Any suggestions?
rick

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to HEF Richard O. :drinkup

No way any of us can make a good guess because there are too many possibilities and not near enough information. Does the starter even click? Any instrument panel lights on when key is turned on? Is the battery good? Is battery power getting to the starter? Clutch safety switch or seat safety switch?

Richard O

Sorry, you're right. While driving it I came to a stop. When I stood up it killed. Thought it was the safety seat device. Couldn't get it to restart. Added oil since the light was on for low oil pressure. Won't turn over at all. Checked all the saftey equip. Battery is good. Lights and gauges work.