• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 963 shutters when raising bucket

Deutscho1

I just picked up a bobcat 963 from someone got it for a steal. But I think it was cheap for a reason I bought it without getting it warm. Now at my yard when I raise the bucket it shutters a lot. I did a complete service on the machine and still does it. I just hope it's not the pump going. Any thoughts.
Thanks

Delmer

So you're saying that it only shutters once it's warmed up? but lifts smooth when you first start it? How long does it take to start, and is it jerky, or the pump making noise? Also, how does the hydraulic oil look after it's done this, any foaming, or bubbly/milky look to it?

Stick Pro

Our 963g used to do the same thing when working it real hard. We changed the drive belt on her and it fixed the problem, that machine went through a bunch of drive belts. This sounds like the same prob, I would give that a try. Good luck, congrats on the new machine.

Deutscho1

Thank you for the replys. It does it bad when it's warm. The old fluid was clean I still changed it. Wouldn't the drive belt make it happen all the time tho?

Stick Pro

Our did not do it all the time just when we really worked it, and when it got wore out more it started to do it more and more, but not all the time. That was the one problem we had with our machine. Everything else worked good, it had plenty of power, and could dig like no other bobcat we owned.