• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 863 G suddenly stopped. Idoit light reads ( ! ). Please can anyone help?

mrfixitpaul

Are you getting any trouble code when the traction lock won't release? if no code then the problem may not be electrical, but mechanical. If you are getting a code the owners manual should have a chart in it, if the manual is still around. If worse comes to worse you can remove the 'lock' below the brake solenoid to move the machine. Also could be a problem with the rocker switch in the dash, that would give no error code.

razvy

Hey guys
Related to electrical, where is the fuse box located on the 863 ?
thx

mrfixitpaul

If the machine is a G series the fuse panel is in the cab, just behind the 2 bolt cover that is in back of your legs when sitting in the machine.

If it is a F series there are 2 plastic covers in the engine compartment, near the relays. the fuses are under these covers.

razvy

Thx again, fuse box it was in the cabin where you describe it . Find the bad 25A fuse and replace it , now I have heat in the cabin :notworthy

Rick Rowlands

Wow! A JLG 60HA manlift that I am renting fried its fuel shutoff solenoid today, and I if I would have read this thread at 3 pm I could have saved four hours of downtime at our building site! After determining the problem I pulled the little levers off the solenoid and put it back on. There is a shutoff lever on the side of the engine that I can use to shut it down so the only thing I can't do is shut off from up in the basket.

That is a ridiculous price for the solenoid, but I've heard that parts are pricy for Deutz engines.

aquileus

I'm having the same problem, but mine (Bobcat 873G 1999) crank but don't start, the traction lock yellow led light is off, but worst the oil level after the engine stop was empty, I totally forgot to check the oil level before start working with the skid steer. I don't have an owner manual.

I need sugestions of maybe happend.
Where is the oil pressure switch?
Where're the fuse panel?
In the worst case scenario, how to unlock the skidsteer to move it home?
Thanks.

aquileus

I'm having the same problem, but mine (Bobcat 873G 1999) crank but don't start, the traction lock yellow led light is off, but worst the oil level after the engine stop was empty, I totally forgot to check the oil level before start working with the skid steer. I don't have an owner manual.

I need sugestions of maybe happend.
Where is the oil pressure switch?
Where're the fuse panel?
In the worst case scenario, how to unlock the skidsteer to move it home?
Thanks.

I was working in a strong rain, I don't think is a failure factor, but I mention it just in case.

yurrenmomma

mine did that and it was the fuel pickup had dry rotted and fallen off in tank...cheap part