• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 763G

Hex0rz

Hello, first post to this forum. I just acquired a bobcat 763g from a business owner recently. Im completely new to these machines but tried to utilize my knowledge from previous mechanic experience and any YouTube videos i could.

It's a 2003 with digital control no key. It has about 3300 hours on it. Everything looked okay so i got it. Got it home last night and unloaded it. Looked at it more closely today and noted a few things to address.

Being so new to this forum and these machines, I'm going to have a huge learning curve to deal with. I Got the machine so i could use it for snow removal for the property. I also will be using it to move bees around. But i needed a multi function machine for other things also.

It did not come with any manuals or literature. I assume those things aren't free from bobcat...

I would like to know what are the frequent things to look for when it comes to the bobcat name, then the model and year... what sort of things should I expect to repair or replace with the hours at 3300?

The guy was second owner and took ownership of it at 60 hours or so he said. Then he moved up from Arizona and built his house with it. Then probably used it for his business i assume. He said he left it around the house to do snow removal. Gave me the chains for the tires also.

Being a first time operator, i naturally was jerky in the machine. But i did notice a few things that i know was not due to my error.

1. Once i unlock the machine, the skid steer naturally creeps to the right. I have to hold it back to keep it from moving. So i figured out how to lock the arms up and then got the cab raised to look under.

The right control is tight and has very little slop. But the left side has slop. Examining the play, it seems that it all centers down to the area that i assume goes to the pump.

When i move the handle, the square hole for the pump has play. Like its loose. I dunno if something is worn out or if something needs tightened? There's also what appears to be hydraulic fluid coming from this area.

2. Behind a couple wheels, there appears to be wetness. Which i assume wheel seals going out? Is that involved? Just pull the wheel, take the center nut off and replace the seal?

Everything else appears to check out fine. I'm just worried i bought a lemon. I bought it for 11400. Is this going to be expensive?

crewchief888

Well you have several problems.
Sounds like the little shaft seal is leaking, and you have a steering lever that's loose on the shaft.
Get a new lever, bushing bolts and washer. That will probably fix the steering problem.
While you have the lever off, replace the shaft seal and o ring.
Leaking axle seals....
Remove the wheel, loosen the hub bolt, but don't remove it completely.
Bottle back or porta power between the hub and frame, and hit the hub with the biggest hammer you have. The hub will eventually pop loose. The seal is behind it in the end of the axle tube.
(Bobcat has a special seal driver that sets the seal slightly below the end of the tube.)
As long as you don't have any slop in the bearings, or excessive end play in the axle, you can just replace the seal and refill the chaincase. if you have some slop in the bearings, you're in for some "fun"
manuals are available from your bobcat dealer, and they aint free. however if you go to bobcat.com, you can look up parts and get the part numbers, but no pricing or
availability
nor can you order direct from bobcat.

gazing into my christal ball, ( or maybe it's a puddle of hyd oil, i get confused sometimes..:p )
i see in your future becoming "friends" with your local bobcat dealer...

:eek: