• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 753 won't move, lift or tilt

bob6104

One day everything works great and the next you're dead in the water. My Bobcat won't move unless I press the "Traction Lock Bypass" button because the brake is stuck on. The lift arms jerk up and down an inch or two, same problem with the bucket tilt. I have a grapple attached and the front hydraulics to that work fine. Any suggestions?

bob6104

Good question. I'll try it tomorrow. I did notice that the seat green light on the bic panel is not on. In fact the only one that lights up is the lift bar. I'm going to investigate the seat and see if there is a broken wire or something getting in the way of the seat sensor.

bob6104

Right you are! Turns out a hammer I had stored next to the seat had become lodged under the seat keeping it from moving the seat interlock.
Thanks!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That seat switch on the C and F series Bobcats is the biggest problematic PITA that was ever fitted to those machines, even Bobcat figured that out and tossed the seat switch when they started making the G series machine. Bobcat offers a delete kit for that seat switch. If you plan on keeping your machine for many years I would suggest getting that delete kit from Bobcat and save yourself future grief.