• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 435 brakes at high speed

abaco

Hello,
While traveling in low speed when I engage the high speed button on my control arm, the machine speeds up and with in a few seconds the machine stops as if brakes go on. I have to push the speed button again to resume in low, has anyone had the problem and is there a simple way to fix?

abaco

is it just one side or both at the exact same time?

Thanks for the reply. Both tracks stop at the same time when traveling on even grade, When traveling on a down slope the machine will stay in fast gear only if the travel control sticks are pushed hard in direction of travel.

6.4twins

We get the same problem when the tracks are full of gravel or dirt and when there's a slight slope.. But we never had that problem on a level ground.

mikebramel

Sounds like your brake pressure isn't holding. Is the engine at full throttle? Tried changing the filter on that part of the circuit?

abaco

We get the same problem when the tracks are full of gravel or dirt and when there's a slight slope.. But we never had that problem on a level ground.

Thanks for the reply, seems like my tracks were always full of mud and or ice when problem happened in early spring time. Haven't tried to travel in high speed lately because I was afraid of breaking the machine. I'll clean the tracks and see if problem persists in high speed travel. Thanks again!

Ryanrb25

it shouldn't stop dead on both sides if it's just dirt and mud....never had this issue with any of our 435's. Have the Final drive oil's been changed recently?

mikebramel

Sounds like your brake pressure isn't holding. Is the engine at full throttle? Tried changing the filter on that part of the circuit?

Pilot pressure isn't holding at the brakes. Either leaking down into the brakes, insufficient flow from the pump or leaking in the valve

abaco

I finally cleaned the tracks and seems like the problem is resolved. Thanks for your help!