• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 331 excavator!!!

7840sl

Occupation
Excavator operator
Iv just aquired a very tidy 331 and there is only one problem, that once the machine warms up, it slows down , like barley moving???? Is this a pump issue ? Can I just turn the pump up ???
Need answers.
Thanks guys

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Are you saying every function of the machine slows down? Does the engine hold its RPM?

7840sl

Occupation
Excavator operator
Are you saying every function of the machine slows down? Does the engine hold its RPM?

Ya basically, engine holds revs fine, the lift ram and slew slow down the most but it is fine when started first.,

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well, that can possibly be a complicated problem for us to sort out on the internet 7840sl. It might help for us to know if the machine is an X331, or a 331 G Series, please confirm and provide the machine serial number. I don't know that I can help, but I'll give it a try. :)

7840sl

Occupation
Excavator operator
No all functions slow down , but mainly the lift ram and slew , it's an x331 not sure of serial number, any advise would be greatly appreciated .:) thank you.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Without a serial number it's hard for me to know which machine you have to look at the correct diagrams. The 331 is a long series of machines that has had a lot of changes over the years. Do you at least know the year model to get close? Can you post a pic of the machine?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I really hate to be a PITA, but I'm not seeing a 552XXXXXX serial number for a 331. :beatsme