• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobby

bobbyk

Have a Cat No 12F73G923 grader. Does anyone know how to fix it from shearing pins that are at the bottom of control box?

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
what levers do you use that break the shear pins .the proper pins are designed to protect the control box gear train and usually only shear when overloaded. For instance an over tight circle adjustment can be a cause
Mark

bobbyk

Thanks for your reply Mark. It shears pins after using the center shift lever. Notice I said after and not during. For instance if I use the center shift today and park grader overnight and crank up next day the center shift starts moving on its on and shears pin when I touch center shift lever to disingage it. I disconnected drive shaft going to center shift and it still shears pins. It seems to me that eliminates anything being in a bind. I would appreciate any other thoughts you might have.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
Welcome to HEF.

Hopefully someone can help with your problem.

Suggestion, when starting a thread pay close attention to the thread title. It should directly focus on the question or problem. With your name as title many readers may not even look at the thread. Where a descriptive title might catch the attention of the member that has your answer. :)

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
Have you checked the oil level in the control box. the only way that shaft can move is if one of the cantering springs is broken on the control lever or the gears are binding up on the shaft ,you may need to pull the front of the box off and check it out
Mark

bobbyk

Motor Grader

Thanks Mark. I had considered that something might be wrong on that particular shaft but haven't looked inside yet.

Bobby

bobbyk

Have you checked the oil level in the control box. the only way that shaft can move is if one of the cantering springs is broken on the control lever or the gears are binding up on the shaft ,you may need to pull the front of the box off and check it out
Mark
. Mark, does Cat have a web site for 12F Grader that lists what weight oil to use in control box, transmission, etc?