• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Blowing 4wd fuse 420d

jwest75801

Occupation
Owner operator
hey guys I have a cat 420d 02 model anyhow my 4wd is not working. It started out popping a fuse every once in a while now whenever you flip the switch for 4wd it blows the fuse. What do I need to do as far as trouble shooting to track down the problem. I have searched the forum at no success any help would be greatly appreciated

jwest75801

Occupation
Owner operator
Well I am going to go pick up a new solenoid toward and see if that fixes the problem hoping I done have a frayed wire some where.

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
before you go to that expense and trouble just disconnect the solenoid and see what happens with the fuse
Do you need a schematic? if so post your serial number and some one can help
Mark

jwest75801

Occupation
Owner operator
Well it ended up being the solenoid. When I went to take it off it literally fell apart. Wire connector broke off then outer cover seperated from the windings then the windings that was a mess final got it off replaced it need less to say I think it was time to replace it.