• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

block heater on lb.75b

Hi, i have a 2001 new holland lb.75b backhoe and i am trying to install a block heater by circulating thermostart 8000, i have tried different configuration but it does not work.Has anyone installed this kind of block heater on their backhoe. Thank you Stephane

Tinkerer

Post some pictures of how you have it installed.
Did you use the hot water outlet on the engine block for the cab heater, in the circulating heater hose circuit ?
hose.jpg

Last edited:

Delmer

Is this a tank type heater that hooks to heater hoses? or what? Thermostart makes me think of the flaming diesel intake manifold heaters. Show us what kind of heater you have, and what ports you have on the engine, and we can get it to work.

My Heather hose Go to the oil filtre, i try to hook their but i dosent workout, than i try to hook to the return Heather hose it workout but not as it should9FE39F22-69B8-4869-A7E7-8D0C3CB4B052.jpegF01EBF1C-4AB4-4396-9B4B-F82FAA5B6BE1.jpeg

Delmer

The tee shouldn't be a problem, and the oil cooler should work. The loop at top will trap air and block the flow, the top of the heater has to go up or slope up to the engine so any air goes into the engine. Even if you flush it, the heater will produce bubbles that will fill the high spot and stop flow. There is no pump in most of those heaters, they circulate based on convection only. Put the heater a foot minimum below the port into the engine, and let the air back into the engine, and it should work.

Delmer

I don't know which ports will work best on your engine. I'd find any threaded ports on the same side of the engine, and one low if you can find one. Toward the center or back of the engine is nice but not needed. The thermostat looks like it's on the front left of the engine, that might have a port that will work for the hot hose from the top of the heater if you can't find another threaded coolant port on the head or block, and the oil cooler/filter housing could work for the cold supply to the heater. Just a guess from the pictures. IF there are two coolant ports on the oil filter, they can both be used, because that's low on the block the hot water will circulate up to the head and the cold will fall back toward the heater.

I don't know which ports will work best on your engine. I'd find any threaded ports on the same side of the engine, and one low if you can find one. Toward the center or back of the engine is nice but not needed. The thermostat looks like it's on the front left of the engine, that might have a port that will work for the hot hose from the top of the heater if you can't find another threaded coolant port on the head or block, and the oil cooler/filter housing could work for the cold supply to the heater. Just a guess from the pictures. IF there are two coolant ports on the oil filter, they can both be used, because that's low on the block the hot water will circulate up to the head and the cold will fall back toward the heater.
tank you very much Delmer i think i have port on a collant oil filter i will try tank you again