• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bleed Green

The Farmboy

Occupation
high school and farming love farming with my dad
nice but ill stck to my ih in ky by the green river all you see is red

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
Gee having to add all them extra tires and rims just to make the JD preform????? Combine too! CaseIH guys don't do that!

JK

Rick

zring

Occupation
Electronics Technician
Love the JD 4960. Never used one with triples though. Probably wouldn't fit through some of the backroad bridges here in NE Ohio. :D

Factory Kid

My favorite JD Mower.

I bought this used 15 years ago with a medium duty Brush Hog on it. The main thing in my view is the music!

tractor1009.jpg

If memory serves the engine is 360 CID with two cylinders. 53hp!

Michaeljp86

I bought this used 15 years ago with a medium duty Brush Hog on it. The main thing in my view is the music!

tractor1009.jpg

If memory serves the engine is 360 CID with two cylinders. 53hp!

I wonder what the fuel consumption is compared to a new 53hp diesel.

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
Dad had an R JD. He plowed in 4th about 2/3rds throttle with 3-16's at 6" deep (all you want to do in our soil). Darn think was very efficent as long as you didn't run it wide open. Tractor data says the Nebraska test showed 2.3 gallons an hour at max drawbar.

Rick