• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bit rusty......

BeaudesertSand

Occupation
Plant Operator
I last sat on a dozer in I think, 1987.. ish.

We had a little Fiat with a hand clutch that we pushed a discard rock dump flat with, dumping the rock into the creek we dug out for sand, and leveling it with the Fiat... Or a loader.

Poor old Fiat, it would barley pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Okay so today, we got the D6 we have on loan ( its a long story, we have it to push trees with ) running today, it has an overheating prob, the boss stuck some crud in the radiator after getting the water out of the chambers and away it goes.

So, mugs away, get on it, don`t *&^% it! I was instructed.

Wow, I take back all the times I said: GRRRRR! doing `this` with a loader or excavator is for the birds! I want that dozer !!!

I`m sorta getting the hang of it again, pushing trees into neat piles.. Slowly.

I cursed the boss for saying: give ya track a bit of a grade with it after all the rain we`ve had.. Ugh what a mess I made, I had to back blade it to get it even drive on able again.

I don`t think I`ll be rushing to add " bulldozer operator " to my resume` too soon.. It`d be sort of fun if the air con worked a bit better, but I`m glad it works even slightly, it`d be pergatory without it.

I`ll take some pics of what I`m doing with it tomo, if it does`nt blow up. :)

Eric

Poor old Fiat, it would barley pull the skin off a rice pudding.

I don`t think I`ll be rushing to add " bulldozer operator " to my resume` too soon.. It`d be sort of fun if the air con worked a bit better, but I`m glad it works even slightly, it`d be pergatory without it.
[/QUOTE]

You might have a career in comedy though!:pointlaugh:pointlaugh:pointlaugh