• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

big off-road truck Komatsu 630E, 730E

sophia chen

Occupation
technical buyer
Is there some one interested to talk about some big off-road truck such as Komatsu 630E, 730E, Euclid R170, R190, Terex 3305 etc and some one who focus on mining / oilfield machinery??
Would like to exchange some information and get some help,
Hope start discussing.....

CATBEATER

Occupation
Engineer
hello Sophia, I am a die hard Komatsu person, any questions about 730e please ask, 630e is no longer manufactured so I dont know too much about that model, we do have many 830e and 930e in China also, Go Komatsu!

MrKomatsu

Dang..........

CAT....I have seen the 960E's.....Bigboy toys.................

Attachments

• Komatsu 960-E.jpg
    Komatsu 960-E.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 5,097

MrElectric03

Also a Komatsu dealer tech, while we dont have many trucks of that size in California, ive worked on some 830Es with our shops in Arizona. They are an awesome product, ill be watching this thread closely...Always looking to learn more.

rigandig

Mr Komatsu, It's funny how someone, you in this case , will say something and it sparks a thought. Being that you said you've been with Komatsu for 14 years and I see you're from Houston, I had to think back to the mid70's. That was when Komatsu started importing their equipment in a big way. At that time I was leased to a trucking co from Dallas, C&H Transportation, who had a yard in Houston close to Hobby Airfield. That yard was where all the machines were stored until they went to the dealers. For a couple of years I made Houston a "favorite destination' when looking for a load from home, knowing I could do local work moving Komatsu's from the docks to the yard there by Hobby. I can't remember the model numbers or sizes, but I do know ya got nagged at if ya came back to the yard with any empty space on a trl. Was a different time back then.

Thanks for the memory. :drinkup

granitefan713

Occupation
Design Technician
I too would like to learn more and share info. I don't know much more than tonnage capacities and comparable models. (i.e. Cat 797F vs Komatsu 960E)

sluggo

Occupation
Equip. Operater