• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Big honking trencher...

artherd

The application with "select backfill" is for land or improvements needing groundwater remediation.

Perf pipe laid down low to grab water deep and (presumeably) pump or drain it out with fall.

We've done several perimiter excavations around buildings that are sinking, getting wet basements, etc. Anything from gravel to miridrain/quickdrain engineered drains can be effective.

ETA: that machine IS friggin huge, I love it! I want one!

I wonder IF/how-well it compacts any backfill? Does one have to use CDF/slurry or can good soil/grannular be used?

Last edited:

artherd

Welcome to HEF artherd! :drinkup

Thanks Countryboy! I thought I was alone in my enjoyment of big expensive toys, gratifying to find a group of people who work on 'em all day and still like to talk about 'em on a friday night! ;)

Being a newbie, next round is on me! :drinkup

Demoguy324

That's a custom machine completely shop built by Dewind Dewatering. the company is located less than an hour from where I live. I've seen the actual machine working in person a few times, simply amazing.

I have a few more pictures of the machine if someone would like to post them here for me.

Eric

Eric_pioszak@hotmail.com

Dwan Hall

I don't quite know how to post pictures here, if someone wants them e-mailed to them, to post here.

Eric

When you hit the "reply" button here type in your message then go farther down the page ware you will see the "manage atchament" button, click on it then the "brouse button" . That will take you to your hard drive, find the picture you want doubble click on it, then "upload" it, close the mannage atchment window which will braing you back here them submit your reply. that should do it unless your picture is to lagrge in which case you may need some ferther help.

Talk about ferther help man my spelling stinks tonight

Last edited:

toolbocks

Wow....wow....wow.....that's borderline silly big.

I guess with the right money, someone's going to build the perfect tool for whatever your need. Cutting that deep means you're going to hit every powerline and pipe buried there - no "going over the top" of what's already there.

Great pictures, thanks for putting them up.