• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Belly Dump vs End Dump vs Side Dump

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
If it is putting a big load on the trucks engine getting the second stage to go out while empty, there is something very wrong. I am not familiar with how the two stage cylinders work, especially ones that are capable of using pressure to retract the cylinder. I would check pressures i guess to see if its a restriction in the valveing. Again i know nothing about how those particular trailers are plumbed. On regular multistage cylinders, if you large section retracts before the small one, it usually means the cylinder is bent.

Are the hygraulic cylinders growling? I haven't heard of a Ronco brand side dump out there...
http://www.rancotrailers.com/products/sdt.html