• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

battery cable suppliers

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
was going to buy the tempo indent type multi crimper that just threads in out for adjustment said it will crimp the feral on bigger battery connections

MarshallPowerGen

Occupation
Generator Technician & Equipment Mechanic
I carry the big blue one (TH0012) and a hammer style (TH0007) with me. Use each according to access/space and whether I'm building cables onsite or just replacing an end.

.RC.

I am a cheapskate. I use copper pipe to make terminals for heavy cable like for batteries or welding.

Strip back the insulation. Find some copper pipe that will slip over the copper wires. Make sure the inside of the pipe is shiny (i use a grinding wheel on a fake dremel) Slip the pipe over the cable with the cable flush with the end of the pipe. Put it in a hydraulic press (30 tonne is plenty) and squash the end flat.

Drill your hole and shape the end to suit on a grinder or belt sander.

Welder Dave

Just use hammer lug welding cable lugs. Not expensive and made to be pounded with a hammer. They work really well.