• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Backhoe rate?

reaper020

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Just wondering what the going rate is in BC for a Backhoe by the hour?

reaper020

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
it varies but the exchange is usually around 2- 2.5 to our dollar

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Going rate in Ontario is 70hr and the old man's been getting 110hr with breaker or hoe pack.

As far as I know guys are getting the same thing here in Alberta for a 310/580/420 sized machine.

drifter590sl

jezz 70 an hr man thats cheap..85 here and up for a 580 i get 95 for the 590.how do you guys make it on 70 when fuels 100 a litre...lol i was getting 70 hr in 94

Burnout

Occupation
jezz 70 an hr man thats cheap..85 here and up for a 580 i get 95 for the 590.how do you guys make it on 70 when fuels 100 a litre...lol i was getting 70 hr in 94

Crappy economy in Ontario. Out here no one runs backhoes hourly... they'd rather send an excavator.

drifter590sl

the economy here is going to crap also...the freaking p goverment wants to add 12%to our hourly and bid jops this june it will kill us ..half the mills are now closed..BUT we do have the olimpics lollol.they call it HST but thats not what i call it..cash is good

Last edited:

ditchdiggerjcf

the economy here is going to crap also...the freaking p goverment wants to add 12%to our hourly and bid jops this june it will kill us ..half the mills are now closed..BUT we do have the olimpics lollol.they call it HST but thats not what i call it..cash is good

Cash is better than good, cash is KING:laugh

Burnout

Occupation

Ahhh the Harmonized Sales Tax..... I'll give ya 50 bucks to mention that around my old man.

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
We are getting HST here in Ontario starting in July. Imagine 13% tax on everything we buy or do. Going to be bad for the economy. I never thought about the small contractor, having to charge 13% on top of his rate, instead of 5%. Even more pressure now for both the customer and contractor to work with cash. Phil:)

diggerdave1958

In today market i am lucky to get $65.00 a hour for my Case 580SE 4x4 w/ext hoe 4 years ago it was $85 a hour and no questions ask. But this is Michigan and there are guys out there working for a lot cheaper than that.

drifter590sl

i dare to say samethings going to happen here also..but we shall see what this year brings soon enuff....OOOOOOOOOOOOOO to b a banker ururur

Preppypyro

Out here in Saskatchewan, going rate right now is 80 per hour, but like anywhere else you have variances in price. The larger places charge up around 110 per hour, and some smaller guys charge 75 per hour (as of last years prices anyways).

Bartlanz

Occupation
Field Service Engineer
lol, I wont start my machine for some one else for less than $100 an hr... then again, I'm ok with it sitting in my driveway!