• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

austin western vin decode?

alberta_oil

Occupation
oil patch in southern alberta
hey guys new to the forum, read some pretty interesting stuff already! I just bought this old Austin Western grader to use for moving snow at work, the vin# is 266-2016 I was told its a 1960 super 200? can anyone varify this? I tried to find a vin decoder on the net but was unsuccessful. I will try to post some pics of it too, it seems to be in pretty good shape! Also has a v-plow and a snow wing (thats what I call them sorry if thats not the appropriate terminology!)

alberta_oil

Occupation
oil patch in southern alberta
Oh very good! Thanks! It is a pretty neat machine iv got 7 hrs on it now, 3hrs pushing snow and 4 hrs walking it out to work from my place haha could use a road gear!

lb7/sledhead

Occupation
maintenance tech
Do you have any trouble loading that machine on a trailer that high? Does it clear the floor of the trailer where the beavertail meets the bed without the blade rubbing? Thanks.

OmniEquipped

Occupation
Business Owner
I've hauled my 99H, which is the four wheel model, on a 30' gooseneck similar to the one shown except tandem axle. The trailer deck is 3' high. I've loaded it backward and forward, and with the blade in its highest position it does not rub. The first time I hauled it I wasn't sure if it was going to clear, so I brought some wood blocks to lay down in front of the ramps for the tires to run up on and add additional clearance. But I didn't need them.