• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

At the controls of a Cat 994D Loader

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
Here are a couple pictures of me at the controls of this awesome Cat 994D Loader on the top of a mountain scooping rocks. Very Cool !! I just had to build a large scale model of that .

Attachments

• DadsPhotos373.jpg
    DadsPhotos373.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 13,865
  • DadsPhotos381.jpg
    DadsPhotos381.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2,331
  • DadsPhotos374.jpg
    DadsPhotos374.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,605

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
i have run 988's and 908's, but i would love to run one of those bad boys. love the pics and love your work.

surfer-joe

Don, I used to mine coal down in that area just north of Jenkins, KY. We often drove into Wise, Virginia to grocery shop as it was closer than going north at the time (cheaper too). We also shopped in Norton, and would sometimes go down to Bristol for shopping and racing.

Many of our parts came from Carter's dealership in the area as they actually had a better stock than Whayne Supply over in Pikeville. Their servicemen couldn't come into Kentucky though.

It seems like I have seen some models with scale Erlau chains on them. They would make a nice addition to your machine. You ought to be able to get some ideas for models right there from M&M Construction's yard down old 27. He had a pretty good spread in the yard when I was there last spring.

If I get up to Gaylord to check my property over near Elmira and visit family this coming summer, I'll have to look you up.

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
My friend James worked for Carter Cat for many years before he went to work for the Coal Company. His son works for Carter Cat now part-time . They sure had a lot of big equipment in the yard. Lots of D-11R's . James said they were reconditioning them .
I have been to M&M equipment lot and built a model from one of their old dozers. When the guys from M&M put in our new street, several of them checked out my Komatsu 575A Super Dozer model sitting in my garage.

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
Q-ball,
I would love running a 988 or a 992 too, the 994D was huge sitting in the seat! From a distance that bucket looked small , but as I raised it all the way up and looked up , it looked enormous !! Scooping rocks on the top of the Va. mountain in a Cat 994D was a lifetime dream come true !!