• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ASV Posi track RC30

Digdeep

Problems asv RC 30 DO NOT BUY ONE In Queensland Australia there is no back up for servive
I have just been told by ASV Australia that if you buy a used machine once it leaves the sales yard they don,t what to know if there are
any problems and ASV are not willing to offer any help, NO Warranty , No Promises , No Support
So in reality if you buy a machine from ASV once you drive it on to the footpath outside the dealer and it breaks a Hydraulic Motor
a repair which could cost Thousands of Dollars to repair they will not help the repair cost is yours

For me I am now looking a Bob Cat T110 or a case machine Definently NO ASV

Moral of the Story DO NOT BUY A POSI TRACK

You mentioned earlier that you have had the machine 10 months. It sounds like you bought the machine used? What year machine is it? Did the selling dealer offer any warranty with the sale...90 days, six months? Used equipment rarely was sold with any warranty at all when I was a Bobcat salesman. Sometimes we would offer a 30 day or slightly longer parts warranty depending on how old the machine was (That's why I asked the year of the machine). I don't know all the particulars of the deal, how many hours on it, was it bought from an authorized Terex/ASV dealer, etc.? If it was a new machine you should be under warranty because they come with a one year warranty.

gem56

The Machine was used , I decided to buy from the ASV dealer for a serviced machine as i had never bought a trcked machine before and I thought it would give some peace of mind
I was assured that the machine was serviced and in good working order (Not the case ) I compalianed only weeks after I bought the machine of the faults but No one had the guts to return phone calls or emails , so the story has benn a on going concern
After all this time I finally recieved a call from ASV Sydney and I did get a little heated with him and I appoligised it is not good after all this time some one called and took all my aggression
this should have been attended to long time ago

My machine has not worked now for 2 weeks and the operator has not had a income NOT GOOD for ASV Australia

Hendrik

Had a breakdown with the RC30 the other day, stopped dead, no hydraulics. Did some checks and it turned out the hydraulic pump drive coupling has gone.
Also the rear oil seal on the engine was leaking, a lot of dollars later it's back in action.
However after using it for an hour, found a bolt lying on the road next to my truck, turns out it is one of the two bolts that holds the hyd pumps to the engine.
I think I'll write to the general manager where I got the work done, not too happy!!
And again, doing a job,machine stopped, luckily had a 4.5 tonne ex there to drag it back to the road with. Diagnoses: both bolts holding the hyd pump to engine gone and pumps loose, stripped out drive coupling.......again.
Hopefully will have machine back on Monday to complete job.
Question is why would those two bolts keep coming loose, I saw the mechanic under the bloody thing putting the bolt I found on the road back in and he assured me, that the bolts where tight. Abnormal vibration in the pumps or engine? Wrong bolts? Wrong torque on em?

Last edited:

gem56

Hi mate
If your dealing with ASV best of luck , I,ve had no joy from my posi track since I bought it and ASV will do nothing
My complaint has now gone to TEREX in the U.S. about the Australian agent ASV Australia

FarmerAlex

Occupation
Engineer (AT UNI), Heavy equipment owner/ operator
What sort of bolts are they Hendrik? Do they have nyloc nuts on them? If they are nylocs they should only be used once and once only. If they are a standard nut with a spring washer they might need to have a chemical locking compound on the thread, like Loctite. Nylocs might not be suitable in that area due to the high temperatures, but maybe a metal type nyloc equivalent.

Hope this helps

Alex

Hendrik

Hi mate
If your dealing with ASV best of luck , I,ve had no joy from my posi track since I bought it and ASV will do nothing
My complaint has now gone to TEREX in the U.S. about the Australian agent ASV Australia
Well it's at the local dealer for Terex/ASV, so I would have thought that they are a very professional outfit that can do the job right the first time but........
Anyway the first thing is to get the machine back to work and then I'll have to argue with them on who pays for what, to a certain extend the worst thing about a breakdown is letting people down, even though this is not my fault I still have that feeling.
The problem with the RC/PT 30 is that there is no machine like it, sure you can get that size wheeled skid steers or bigger track loaders but I bought the machine specifically for it's size and ability to work where skid steers can't.
Which is the problem on the job I am on at the moment, whilst there is a hardish crust on top, there is a lot of soft spots that a wheeled skid would just sink through and get bogged. A bigger track loader could do the job but the job is picking up rocks and then running them down a creek bed to a 4.5 tonne ex and putting them straight into the bucket of the ex so it can place them into the creek bed to stop erosion. A bigger loader has a too wide bucket and half the rocks would spill onto the ground and then need to be picked up again, slowing down the operation. I managed to shift 33-36 tonne of rocks in about six hours.

Hendrik

What sort of bolts are they Hendrik? Do they have nyloc nuts on them? If they are nylocs they should only be used once and once only. If they are a standard nut with a spring washer they might need to have a chemical locking compound on the thread, like Loctite. Nylocs might not be suitable in that area due to the high temperatures, but maybe a metal type nyloc equivalent.
They are 12 point bolts with washer and spring washer you can see them here http://www.trackloaderparts.net/ASV-RC30-09B.aspx (this diagram is for the later model RC30) numbers 9,10 and 11. They have assured me that NOW they are going to use loctite (I hope they clean the threads properly, with the proper stuff). Further they are going to install the upgrade kit which are parts numbered 2 to 7, those items where on back order at the time they 'fixed' it last time and where supposed to have arrived mid September. I am planning on finishing the job I need to finish and then put the RC30 into the shed and double check every nut and bolt. Put paint on the bolts, so I can see if they move.
Depending on room, I have thought about putting a spot weld on them, which means that an angle grinder will be needed to remove them in the future but I'll know more when I get under there and see how much space there is.
Another possibility is to weld a small nut to the top of the bolt, at a right angle and then screw a long bolt into this nut, so that if the big bolt decides to turn it can only move so far. This way the bolt can still be removed with a deep socket.
However the problem with these ideas is that I'll be applying heat to the bolt, which may make it weaker.

Last edited: