• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Are these garbage? Cat 299

DirtyFrenchy

These hydraulic lines got pinched during transport. Each is quoted at ~500$ from the dealer,
Apparently you can't get them made elsewhere due to the fittings? They belong on a CAT 299.

Wondering if there's a bush fix or a way to fix this for cheap? One leads to quick connect cylinder and the other to the tilt cylinder. Will it affect the operation of th functions?

Thanks folks

Attachments

• IMG_2154.JPG
    IMG_2154.JPG
    913.2 KB · Views: 95
  • e1f1b472-ce1e-4f81-9e79-46d1a671cbe2.jpg
    e1f1b472-ce1e-4f81-9e79-46d1a671cbe2.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 87
  • ff459aae-0e78-4c77-9e96-e29c287c2383.jpg
    ff459aae-0e78-4c77-9e96-e29c287c2383.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 87

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
A hydro shop should be able to cut-off & reuse the fittings.
The only other thing I could suggest is try to open it back up w/ some FLAT JAW pliers, but you stand the chance in making a hole..

DIYDAVE

I'd take "em to a colliflower store, and have them repair or replace, either way you will be in for less $... If you don't have a colliflower, in your area, ask around, snd see who's good, in your area...

td15c

My hydraulic shop uses compression fittings to fix steel lines. Cut the bad spot out use two fittings and the length of hose you need. Works good

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
If you have a good hydraulic shop in your area that would be the place to start. Might need to make a change to the fittings of the mating parts but should be possible. Just make a note of what changes you make so the next guy knows what was changed!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
That looks like a new machine from the photos..? Warranty considerations for whatever hydraulic function attaches to those lines possibly..?
Also if they were damaged during transport does whoever transported them (commercial carrier?) have insurance that you could claim on..?
If the above is not a consideration then as others have commented a good hydraulic shop ought to be able to fix you up.
Speaking personally I'm not a big fan of welding steel hydraulic lines or welding fittings together to "adapt" connectors - seen too many bush repairs let go....

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Location shows Yukon. I suspect the only way to fix that out in the bush is to replace the tube with a hose. Unless you have something going onto the quick connect I'd leave that one alone and order a new tube.

That looks like someone put a chain over the top to tie down the machine.

mikebramel

I think if they fit they would be rubbing together. Something that would probably work, I'd try it on my own machine lol

DirtyFrenchy

Thanks for the input guys! Nige, I'm not sure, not my machine. Repainted before it was bought. Not new. I was thinking trying to lightly tap the bend out? I'll do some investigating regarding hydro shop.