• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

are there any other sites for Heavy Equipment?

DennisJonesCon.

Occupation
All construction
I started off my machine collection with a JD 450C crawler loader and a JD 350B crawler dozer. Having never used heavy equipment before, I figured these were small enough. I've added a JD310C backhoe and a PC 120 Komatsu excavator and a D65E Komatsu Dozer, because I wanted more power and size matters. I just added a Cat D5H LGP. I would like to find other websites that would be educational as well as instructional. Are there any people who post tips like this site or have links to accesories for these machines? I'm always looking for manuals and special tools and whatever else makes my wife nervous......(wait til I start restoring my '67 Mustang).

Thanks guys........I 'll keep following this site.

Dennis

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
The reason I started this site was I could not find any others when doing a search, plus others I knew in the industry were looking for one as well. Spread the word to anyone you know about us, the more members we have the greater an information resource we will build!

Steve

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Are there any people who post tips like this site or have links to accesories for these machines?

Nope. This is the only website there is. Period. Don't even try looking for anywhere else. ;)

Actually, if there is any other site out there that's just like this one, I was never able to find it. Do a search and you'll find loads of sites about equipment, but for the most part they'll be trying to sell you something, and there will be no area for discussion. I'm sure you'll find accessory dealers among them, but as far as good answers to questions, or just plain sharing of other folks' years of experience, I don't know...

There are some pages where equipment is discussed, such as Let's talk Snow.com which has a discussion of "plowing with equipment", or there's http://equipmentaccidents.com/. which is owned by one of the members here. Perhaps there's another one out there, but it's even harder to find than this one. (All the more reason to tell all your equipment loving friends what we've got going on right here!) :thumbsup

(Steve must type faster than I do--he beat me to the reply button.)

Ole JIM

Occupation
Retired
digger242j said:
Nope. This is the only website there is. Period. Don't even try looking for anywhere else. ;)

Actually, if there is any other site out there that's just like this one, I was never able to find it. Do a search and you'll find loads of sites about equipment, but for the most part they'll be trying to sell you something, and there will be no area for discussion. I'm sure you'll find accessory dealers among them, but as far as good answers to questions, or just plain sharing of other folks' years of experience, I don't know...

There are some pages where equipment is discussed, such as Let's talk Snow.com which has a discussion of "plowing with equipment", or there's http://equipmentaccidents.com/. which is owned by one of the members here. Perhaps there's another one out there, but it's even harder to find than this one. (All the more reason to tell all your equipment loving friends what we've got going on right here!) :thumbsup

(Steve must type faster than I do--he beat me to the reply button.)
JOHN your Right about All the other Sites are Attempting to Sell Some-Thing!--& if You do ask a Question? You will NOT get any Answer!--my experance!--I*M a Retiree--& having operated equipment for over 50 yrs--the People Selling don*t know any-thing about Operating Equipment w/the exception of over Hearing Opertors Talking! I have often Wondered?? If Salesmen ever Play with any Equipment?--as Most Equipment they Tell about? Won*t actually DO what they Say It Wiil!--I Dono? seems a Little WEIRD to ME!--OH I Gotta tell All You Guys THIS--a few weeks Ago I stopped at a Equipment rental Place to Inquire? on a Used Snow Blower sitting out Front for SALE! & a GUY was Playing w/a Mini Ecxcavator--You know the one YOU can Put in the bed of a pick-Up truck! Tiny Thing!--Well my Wife of 40 yrs was Watching It--I came OUT-& the Guy operating IT asked my Wife If she would Like to Try IT?--& after a little Praise? She Aggreed to give It a TRY!--BIG MISTAKE--She was pretty Clumsey at First!--but finally got the Hang of IT!--& We let Her GO! 3/4 of an Hour Latter!-Shes Still Thowing Dirt!--in FACT having a BALL!--& its a Good Thing it was Closing TIME?--as WE had One HELL of TIME Getting HER to STOP!-- I had Too Teare One Finger at a Time Off of the Controls!--NO!--FOOLING!--She Really Like IT!--& on the Way HOME asked how much a New one like it COST?--My Reply--a LOT!-next DAY!-Jim I called!--that Machine Cost--$30.000--So Don*t Let Mother Near any Equipment! or YOU may be SORRY?--Ole JIM--

glsahl

Charter Member
Occupation
equip.mngr/mechanic
There are others,but,I wouldn't bother.about.com has one,my post from last year is still at the top of the list.I found another,part of some diagnostic equipment dealer,has some good stuff on pickups,the rest is "amature".
I am suprised that more of my "local" comrades are not joining this site.I've gone through half the cards Steve sent me,and don't recognize any "locals".

Deas Plant

Other sites.

Hi, Folks.
Yes, there are other sites that get you answers and information without trying to sell you BS.

http://www.antiquecaterpillar.org/

http://www.acmoc.org/

http://www.ytmag.com/

http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums//index.php?act=idx

http://www.ibdozing.com/

YTMag and IBDozing are 'multi-racial' sites. All the others are dedicated to one make but allow off-topic posts and queries. I have so far failed to find a forum dedicated to the 'other yellow' machines, Kummagutsa.

Hope this helps.

You all have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Welcome to the board here Deas Plant.Your knowledge and character will be an asset here as it is on the other boards we frequent.I look forward to reading your posts.Ron G

Deas Plant

Thank you for the welcome.

Hi, RonG.
Thank you for the welcome. Let's wait and see about the rest of it. I've managed to ruffle a few feathers on some of the other boards from time to time by disagreeing with some of the members when I knew they were talking BS. I don't look to cause trouble but I seem to have some sort of allergy to BS. LOL.

A case in point is the 'Track Loader Use' thread at ACME. That one goes back a while and I don't know if the 'expert' referred to has read that post yet but the bloke who started the thread got a chuckle out of my post.

Again, thank you for the welcome.

You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF Double Nickel! :drinkup

We'll just call you "Dime". :D

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums achille! :drinkup